Ended Office Support Worker
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Office Support Worker
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen , Sana’a
IOM Classification : G-1
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract,
6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018/053
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Tuesday 15, January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working in accordance with the overall supervision of the Head of Procurement and Logistics and under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Routine general Maintenance of office Generator and submit monthly report to Sr. Logistic assistant and ensure change of oil and filters after every 150hrs, inspect the wires, maintain and keep them sustainable always.
2. Maintain proper log book of generator maintenance and spare part track record.
3. Assist in office routine maintenance with in IOM offices and IPNA centre.
4. Look after the all Solar hubs provided by Organization to national staff residence and submit monthly report.
5. Provide general electricity repairs within the office by monitoring and maintaining all the required equipment and ensuring they are operational, safe and efficient.
6. Train and ensure the gardener and all the guards know how to switch on/off the both generators safely, main power circuit, contactors, partitions, etc.
7. Fix and install new electrical points, emergency lights and cables when needed.
8. Liaise and coordinate with IT unit to address related electrical issues.
9. Provide a monthly report of the undertaken work, typical problems, identify potential or recurring problems, and take appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment, diagnose problems and repair.
10. Assemble, install, or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics for both IOM building and MHU Clinic. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules.
11. Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
12. General maintenance of the generators 2-3 times a week as well as during outages as requested.
13. Will provide technical support to contractor while working in IOM premises or where ever needed technical assistance.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
□ GCE Ordinary Level; or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training One year related experience preferably in an office environment
□ Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
English and Arabic Required Competencies Accountability
□ Accepts and gives constructive criticism
□ Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
□ Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
□ Monitors own work to correct errors
□ Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
□ Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
□ Contributes to colleagues' learning
□ Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
□ Actively shares relevant information
□ Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
□ Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
□ Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
□ Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
□ Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
□ Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
□ Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
□ Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
□ Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
□ Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
□ Contributes to, and follows team objectives
□ Gives credit where credit is due
□ Seeks input and feedback from others
□ Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Tuesday 15, January 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line
SVN2018/053 Sana’a. Office Support Worker G1
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 02.Jan.2019 to 15.Jan.2019