Ended Logistics Assistant (Inventory)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Logistics Assistant (Inventory)
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen , Sana’a
IOM Classification : G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract,
6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018/055
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Tuesday 15, January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics (Inventory) Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement, logistics and asset control functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in coordinating insurance coverage for all Programme assets in Sana'a and Field office and follow up on any claims that may arise as well as on asset disposal in line with IN/43 Asset and Insurance Policy.
2. Assist in monitoring sub offices and relevant units comply with asset inventory policy and registration of all newly purchased assets through PRISM
3. Conduct regular updates to PRISM asset data in line with asset movement and changes
4. Ensure that all assets being assigned to staff are labelled, tagged, using proper asset formats and update all records in PRISM accordingly
5. Coordinate with all sub-offices in Yemen to check/reconcile their asset physically with the data generated from PRISM; verify assets are labelled and accordingly update PRISM asset data
6. Draft the documentation for Deed of Donation (DoD) and Deed of Sale (DoS) for donated and sold assets respectively and verify the necessary signatures and approvals are obtained from SRMO and COM
7. Coordinate with PRISM team in Manila on any asset management matters. Obtain approval for Asset Disposal Form (ADF) from SRMO and/or COM and FPU Manila for all broken/sold/donated assets and update PRISM as required
8. Delete/ retire all broken/ beneficiary assets upon necessary approval from System.
9. Maintain records of all Assets with in mission and donations ensuring that an efficient filing system for records in place.
10. Be in charge of the monthly petty cash provided for procurement/logistics needs, submit the expense report each month on settlement of each advance.
11. Mange offices supplies, cleaning materials, utility bill and necessary wear and tear of the Sanaa Office. 12- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience
□ Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or related field with two years or relevant experience in similar position,
□ Competed Higher Diploma in any of the above fields with four years or relevant experience in similar position.
□ Thorough understanding with two years’ experience with specific focus on local and international procurement, clearing and forwarding,
□ Experience on VAT procedures and Government of Yemen laws and regulations,
□ Experience with fleet management and insurance policies
□ Excellent understanding of inventory, stock and supplies management.
English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
□ Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
□ Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
□ Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
□ Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
□ Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
□ Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
□ Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
□ Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
□ Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
□ Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied on subject line by Tuesday 15, January 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line SVN2018/055 Sana’a. Logistics Assistant (Inventory) G4
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 02.Jan.2019 to 15.Jan.2019