Ended FSL Officer
CARE International is currently seeking a FSL Officer will be responsible of team members for the efficient and effective implementation of the Food Security program, increasing access to food . As part of the CARE Project Team.
This position reports to the Food Security & Livelihood Team Leader and is responsible for implementing Food Security and Livelihoods activities in the program area. The FSL Officer is mainly responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood interventions, including cash-based programming, livestock activities, and income-generating interventions.
Program Development and Management:
- Participate in FSL or sector specific technical assessments in the program area in coordination with other CARE thematic areas
- Develop, plan, and implement FSL activities related to food security, cash-based programming and livelihoods.
- Advise on program implementation modalities (targeting criteria, mobilization, local partnerships, participant training, staffing, etc.) in coordination with supervisor
- Identify and address staff capacity building opportunities
- Ensure gender is fully considered throughout the project cycle with women being enabled to influence decision-making around food security and livelihood issue
- Lead the implementation of all food security and livelihood interventions, including cash-based programming, agricultural programming, livestock, and small business development
- Ensure that the food security projects are delivered according to CARE's and donors' contractual requirements and that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Actively participate in the collection and analysis of information used to determine vulnerability, and develop transparent targeting criteria
- In collaboration with the relevant stakeholders and communities, organize the identification, registration, and verifications of beneficiaries
- Identify appropriate Cash for Work activities and ensure the CFW interventions are gender sensitive
- Ensure quality and integrity of implementation, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Ensure that program teams and partner staff have the required understanding of food security and livelihoods
- Monitor the project procurement planning and financial forecasting
- Collect and analyze market information pertaining to food security and livelihoods regularly
- Working closely with the M&E Officer, put in place a FSL sector MEAL plan, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work
- Prepare a detailed implementation plan and monthly/weekly plans and ensure the FSL team adheres to the plan
- In collaboration with the M&E Officer, regularly gather evidence and data from projects in the field
- Participate in the design of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations
- Participate in the documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to contribute to sector learning.
- Facilitate inter/intra cross learning visits
- Engage with research institutions and universities in conducting operational researches
- Be aware and keep abreast of good practice and policy issues regarding food security and livelihoods in Yemen and the region, translating this into programme design and adaptation.
- Participate in internal coordination and management meetings to promote effective and efficient information sharing and program integration
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of accountability mechanisms
- Prepare regular and comprehensive project progressive monthly reports
- Develop learning needs assessment and capacity building plans for both CARE FSL assistants and partner staff
- Coach and mentor FSL assistants and partner staff on emerging FSL practices and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to food security and livelihoods (such as agronomy, nutrition, rural development, agricultural economics or any related field experiences)
- At least 3-5 years of experience in food security and livelihoods programs, and with experience in cash/voucher activities
- Experience in cash-based programming
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Fluent in oral and written Arabic and English
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by January 16th, 2019 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading ‘FSL Officer / Aden + Your full name’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.