Ended Community Engagement Officer
National Staff Position
Position: Community Engagement Officer
Job site: Mukalla and Sayoun (Hadramout)
Report to: Community engagement coordinator
With the support and supervision of the community engagement coordinator, the community engagement officer is responsible of engaging refugee community members, committees, local NGOs, volunteers and other stakeholders in community-based protection interventions in the locations where INTERSOS works, giving a strong importance and valorization to the local capacities, mobilize them to become changes actors in their communities for community-based protection and social cohesion.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
Support the development and oversee a capacity building (technical and management) component for the refugee’s committees and local NGOs identified by INTERSOS and UNHCR. Departing from a capacity assessment, a capacity building plan will be developed for each local NGO/Refugee committee and work closely with protection officer for the capacity building exercise, following the best practice of the sector and the protection guidelines.
Community engagement and mobilization
- Ensure the coordination among the relevant stakeholder engaged (local NGO, refugees committees, community outreach volunteers, etc.)
- Support the identification of possible local NGO, INGO, schools, refugees’ committees that can be engaged in the INTERSOS work at different level
- Ensure that the community engagement work and social cohesion work will be done in coordination with the INTERSOS team that work with local community.
- Ensure a strong coordination with community engagement coordinator and other coordinators and with the protection officer.
- Define the relevant stakeholders in agreement with the community engagement coordinator.
- Support or lead the 16 days of SGBV campaign in agreement with the community engagement coordinator as well as for other special event and International days.
- Organize awareness sessions with the support of refugee’s committees, community outreach volunteers, and lawyers on a variety of protection topics to enhance community awareness and encourage community engagement for enhanced protection at community level.
Support on Protection monitor/Context analysis/assessment
- Ensure continuous information collection from the relevant stakeholder engaged to support the INTERSOS team in protection monitor/context analysis/assessment
- Provide daily updates to the community engagement coordinator about the development of the activities.
- Provide to the community engagement coordinator a weekly report of the activities done and the activities planned for the week after.
Meetings and Trainings
- Upon request, participate in meetings and training.
- Participate to the weekly staff coordination meeting.
- Follow the organization of efficient and relevant trainings to increase the capacities of the refugee committees/local NGO relevant stakeholder.
- The community engagement officer will supervise community outreach volunteers in the work areas of INTERSOS during the implementation of punctual activities.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in social services or relevant fields
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in Yemen on protection related issues
- Demonstrated familiarity with refugee protection programming, case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies
Most relevant other requirements:
- Strong collaboration, representation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision
- Strong experience with monitoring tools and systems relevant to case management
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application 15 January 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)