Ended Health Project Assistant
Health Project Assistant – Based in Aden & Lahj
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
Under overall guidance and supervision of health Program officer, health officer will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health services delivery according to national protocol.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To prepare and implement Primary health Care activities plans, under the guidance of the OCHA Project by ensuring that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of doctors, midwifes, nutritionists, vaccinators, pharmacists, Lab. Tech. and cleaners use quality checklists to improve quality of care, assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, coaching and mentoring as required to ensure quality service delivery, plus collection data from hand over facilities.
- Ensure proper documentation, timely collection of reports with the support of Health Information System Officer.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis of PHC situation of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Contribute to regular drafting of monthly progress report.
- Assists in the process of replacement for staff who take leaves by others.
- Review weekly/monthly reports and provide feedback and inputs into IPTT.
- Conduct regular field visits to the six health facilities to provide PHC services as needed.
- Raise and follow up payments and incentives of PHC staff.
- Ensure that clinical protocols are accessible to medical staff in the field and support the team and adhered with.
- To take any other relevant tasks given by the supervisor..
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical doctor or diploma certificate with 2 years’ experience in health management or supervisory position .
- Demonstrated experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings and trainings of trainers.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should send their applications through this link.
The deadline for receiving applications is 13/01/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted