Ended Community Mobilisation Program Officer
Community Mobilisation Program Officer – Based in Aden & Lahj
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
The Community Mobilisation Officer will be responsible for preparing, implementing and overseeing community mobilisation events on the different activities of Child Protection/ Education program.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In collaboration with the CP & EDUCATION Manager and CP & EDUCATION Programme officer develop community mapping tools (to identify CP & EDUCATION Risks and CP & EDUCATION mechanisms/services in communities)
- Oversee the community mapping exercise in the communities where we work
- Coordinate and communicate with the Ministry of Social Affairs (Aden, Lahj, and Taiz) office the community mapping exercise and the workshop for parents.
- Support the development of a referral system for children in need of specialised psychosocial services and link with the service providers.
- Provide training to staff and partner staff and Save the Children volunteers on community mobilization and sensitization methodologies.
- Prepare logistics of all trainings and workshops (stationary, conference room, lunch, breaks, transport costs etc.)
- Prepare plans and budgets for all community mobilization activities
- Prepare reports with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the community mobilization and the protection programming in the target communities for the supervisor.
- Support the development of the CP & Education and education campaigns and dissemination of advocacy messages
- Work closely with the community in formation of CP & Education committees and parent-teacher associations (activation, capacity building, follow up)
- Support the outreach child protection/ education activities and implement sessions to increase community participation.
- Support the inclusion of the children with disabilities and minorities in the different activities of the child protection/ education program.
- Supports the rest of the child protection/ education team to implement the required activities
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, PTAs, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as local NGOs, community based organizations in the implementation of the Child Protection/Education project in Aden and Lahj
- Ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop SCI CP & Education programme.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, business administration or any other related field.
- 2 years experience in a similar post.
- Protection / community development experience.
- Training skills, ability to conduct trainings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent Save the Children at meetings with government officials
- Capacity to work with a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Coordination skills.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should send their applications through this link.
The deadline for receiving applications is 13/01/2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted