Ended Health Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Health Field Officer 2
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station Sanaa
Health Field Officer 2 contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health programme(s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation's annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy (e.g. delegations with remote management) and/or deliver services with autonomy (e.g. hospital settings) and contributes actively to planning and coordinating health activities at field level.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to implementing and monitoring of health programmes within his/her geographic area of responsibility in cooperation with the health team according to the institutional strategy and the objectives of the delegation of the ICRC in Yemen.
- Assists the Health Coordination team in designing operational strategies and planning the health programme(s) at local and national levels.
- Analyses the health situation in the defined areas, discusses the results with the Health Coordination team and proposes and/or adapts action, if needed.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Contributes to the implementation of emergency response (e.g. cholera).
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Contributes to the maintenance/development of contacts with authorities, civil society and NGOs.
- Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant health profession (e.g. psychology, psychiatry).
- Fluent written and spoken command of English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience (including 2 years of clinical experience) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Good knowledge of the context in the country in general and the health structures and interlocutors in particular.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Good analytical and communication skills and able to interpret accurately in any situation.
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and under supervision within a team.
- Good computer skills.
- License to practice and/or registration with relevant board in Yemen.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Health Field Officer 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 17.01.2019