Ended Livelihoods & Food Security Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the livelihood and food security (LFS) projects.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents .
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to livelihood and food security officer.
- Ensure that LFS projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Actively participate in monthly planning of LFS activities and participate in weekly review achievements and constraints; and provide feedback accordingly.
- Carry out food security activities in the target locations.
- Lead the beneficiaries’ selection and verification process as per the selection criteria, update beneficiary database if required. Make sure that beneficiary selection is done appropriately.
- Organize distribution site, make sure that the distributions are done timely and effective manner; ensure the safety and protection of beneficiaries and the team.
- Review the overall voucher distribution at the site, verify the number of distributed vouchers in daily basis, and report it in daily basis.
- Assist in conducting regular meetings with community leaders, Food Assistance Management Committees (FAMC) and local administration on the commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues.
- In charge of the day-to-day guidance of the Distributors, making sure that the project implementation is in line with NRC technical guideline and donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Support in the production of training and/or communication tools related to food security activities supported by the NRC and develop new training contents and materials.
- Actively participate in community need assessments and identify beneficiaries in need of food security and livelihood support.
- Direct line management of Distributors; supervise and train them.
- Liaise with NRC partners (especially local authorities) and other stakeholders (community leaders, CBOs, NGOs, UN) on FS related issues.
- Follow up on a daily basis with the support department (finance, logistics, HR and administration) as requested by line manager to guarantee the smooth running of food security activities that include movement planning, internal request, payments, HR, etc.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
- University degree, preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, social sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- Proven experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English .
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field.
- Social science
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Proven experience and knowledge in food security (cash transfer programming, agriculture, livestock and/or income generation activities.
- Skills related to participatory methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- 9 months with possibility of extension depending on fund availability.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: