SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented more than 50 programs and projects in health, nutrition, youth and NGOs capacity buildings, early childhood development, and relief for development. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz and Dhamar governorates.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Sana’a, Main Office
Contract Type: One Year Contract
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Finance Manager is responsible for effective financial management, grants funds tracking and reporting and in compliance with the organization values and multiple international donors' regulations. She/he will work closely with program/projects team members to ensure and maintain sound financial management in accordance to the international standards of accounting and the effective internal policies, practices, and procedures.
The Finance Manager will make sure of smooth running of the organization activities and aid to enable related staff and other stakeholders to carry out the implementation of projects and other activities of the organization in the most effective and efficient manner. The Finance Manager must keep efficient, transparent and reliable finance processes and outputs and generate timely and relevant information to facilitate informed decision-making.
The role tasks will include, but not inclusively, multiple projects budgets management, tracking of expenditures, generating regular, up to date and timely financial reports according to donors' forms and requirements and alerting the management in case of major under/ over spending or any shortfalls.
As member of administrative board, she/he will actively participate in strategic discussions and provide sound financial oversight and recommendations.
- Evaluate, maintain and manage financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, integrity and transparency of all finance activities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Manage daily transactions, financial management and reporting across the organization multiple projects and activities, including advising and supporting other related organization units in maintaining effective and efficient financial control and budget management and tracking.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for projects implementations and other organization activities
- Prepare financial budgets of overall organization activities in coordination with related units managers as required and perform budget revision as may be required.
- Manage the monthly close process and the completeness of the transactions.
- Review and manage the reconciliations for the accounts cash, banks, etc…
- Provide the advices and solutions for the other units as well as the executive director on the regards of financial issues.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for projects implementations and other organization activities and monitor proper management of cash flow to ensure liquidity at all times.
- Review, approve, track and report transfers requests to the donors.
- Perform regular monthly /quarterly / semiannual / annual budget review, analyze variances between planned budgets and actual expenses, and discuss the result with the related parties.
- Ensures timely preparation and delivery of specific and standard financial reports on a monthly /quarterly / semiannual / annual basis in a manner that can enhance greater transparency and accountability
- Facilitates the conduct of a periodic audit as may be required internally by the board of directors or externally by the donors.
- Provide the needed assistance to the administration dept. to ensure the adequacy of the procurement procedures according to the donor's requirements as well as the organization policies and regulars.
- Ensure the finalizing all the government obligations (Tax, Social Security etc…) on time.
- Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff and conduct counseling sessions to identify skill development needs, job training, and capacity building.
- Act as a member of the Administrative board, making strategic inputs on financial issues and risks.
- Suggest and lead the identification of processes that could be utilized for better efficiency.
- Creating additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Finance, Accountancy.
- At least 5 years of experience in finance/accounting including a leading financial role, preferably with an NGO.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Membership in a professional body of accountants is preferable.
- Knowledge in the International accounting standards.
- Profound experience in MS office applications especially excel and the usage of Focus financial software systems.
- Experience of managing international donor funds.
- Demonstrated ability of capacity building of staff.
- Understanding of grants cycles including financial, procurement and program cycles.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Arabic.
- Negotiation skills
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 07.02.2019