Ended RRT Supervisor
Position: RRT supervisor
Contract Type : Service Contract
Reports to: WASH Officer
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
RRT supervisor is member of Cholera Rapid Response Team. The RRTs act as first-line cholera response. Interventions undertaken by RRTs included awareness raising about cholera transmission and prevention, water treatment and disinfection at household level, including water storage and provision of consumable hygiene kits. This emergency response helps to prevent cholera from spreading and to eliminate the source of infection in targeted areas by assessing access to WASH services, investigating risk sources and working with affected communities to identify the urgent interventions needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
RRT supervisor is responsible to perform the following duties:
- Evaluation of environmental status and WASH
- provide the RRT work plans to WASH officer every day.
- supervise and monitor the teams implement their tasks.
- Organize regular meetings with cholera emergency teams
- Supervise the preparation and plans of the cholera emergency responses at the base and field levels.
- Liaise with support team to ensure the quality and rapidity of cholera emergency responses.
- Inform the wash officer about all the logistical and financial requirements needed/identified and produce the request with the appropriate internal tool.
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the RRT mansions and propose alternate strategies to the WASH officer
- Assist the WASH officer to improve activities quality on the field
- analysis data of assessment for cholera cases and provide the recommendation accordingly.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the WASH officer in the case of a problem
- Organize and manage the breaks of RRT members under the supervision of the WASH officer.
- Ensure that the safety of team members.
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the activities or the security of the teams to the WASH officer.
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of emergency response
- Ensure the soft and hard archiving of program related document and files (MoU, Beneficiaries list, etc…)
- Write regular reports on the progress of responses for the WASH officer
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree/Diploma in medical or public health or any certificate related to Cholera, Public Health, Water, Sanitation, Environment Health,
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical experience in Yemen in appropriate Cholera RRT ,water, sanitation and public health promotion programs some of this should have been in emergency relief programs ,
- Strong experience in working with communities
- Ability & working experience in complex insecure context.
- Team and project management experience, include budget management
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to work independently with instructions
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context is Preferred.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com
not later than 12th January 2019 , putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.