Ended Public Health Promoter (2)
Position: Public Health Promoter
No Of Position : ( 2)
Type of contract : Service Contract.
Location : Taiz , Mawiah District
Reports to: WASH Officer
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Public Health Promoter is member of Cholera Rapid Response Team. The RRTs act as first-line cholera response. Interventions undertaken by RRTs included awareness raising about cholera transmission and prevention, water treatment and disinfection at household level, including water storage and provision of consumable hygiene kits. This emergency response helps to prevent cholera from spreading and to eliminate the source of infection in targeted areas by assessing access to WASH services, investigating risk sources and working with affected communities to identify the urgent interventions needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Public Health Promoter is responsible to perform the following duties:
- Dealing with patients
- Give ORS immediately made using safe water (boiled or treated with chlorine) and the medicine for cholera patient
- Take the patient immediately to the nearest health facility while drinking safe water and medicine for cholera patients on the way
- Provision of quality health education regarding cholera management at primary care level and secondary care level.
- Identify need for patient's education and provide education and materials on lif style ,cholera disease management , self care and medication adherence .
- Ensure the systematic and organized follow up of cholera patients including follow up of defaulter patients understand the reasons, advises.
- Report to supervisor about any healthy situation in the site of intervention including lifestyle and hygiene practices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Recognized degree in public health
- An experienced hygiene promoter (3 years +); extensive experience in public and environmental health and experience in community engagement and mobilization.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to work independently with instructions
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context is Preferred.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com
not later than 12th January 2019 , putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.