Ended Public Health Engineer
Position: Public Health Engineer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location: Taiz , Mawiah District
Reports to: WASH Officer
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Public Health Engineer is member of Cholera Rapid Response Team. The RRTs act as first-line cholera response. Interventions undertaken by RRTs included awareness raising about cholera transmission and prevention, water treatment and disinfection at household level, including water storage and provision of consumable hygiene kits. This emergency response helps to prevent cholera from spreading and to eliminate the source of infection in targeted areas by assessing access to WASH services, investigating risk sources and working with affected communities to identify the urgent interventions needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Public Health Engineer is responsible to perform the following duties:
- Evaluation of environmental status and WASH
- Conduct water quality monitoring all water sources
- check all water sources and take samples of water to check .
- Evaluation of sanitation and exposed water pools
- immediately start to treat all water sources use chlorine
- Provide the information for community how to safe disposal of solid waste management , sanitation
- Sterilization of all contaminated areas that are contains a solid dirty water places and all the transmission of diseases
- Distribution of chorea kits to 20 HHs around cholera patient's HH
- Provide training for HHs of water treatment by chlorination and keep household water safe.
- Help the community hand wash points with simple and inexpensive ways .
- Report to supervisor about all your activities using approved format.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Water or civil engineering degree.
- 3 years of experience in WASH working in the field especially experience in water treatment by chlorination.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Native Arabic with good professional English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to work independently with instructions
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context is Preferred.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com
not later than 12th January 2019 , putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.