Ended Community Mobilizer
Position : Community Mobilizer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location: Taiz , Mawiah District
Reports to: WASH Officer
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment ,
Community Mobilizar is member of Cholera Rapid Response Team. The RRTs act as first-line cholera response. Interventions undertaken by RRTs included awareness raising about cholera transmission and prevention, water treatment and disinfection at household level, including water storage and provision of consumable hygiene kits. This emergency response helps to prevent cholera from spreading and to eliminate the source of infection in targeted areas by assessing access to WASH services, investigating risk sources and working with affected communities to identify the urgent interventions needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Community Mobilizar is responsible to perform the following duties:
- Provide information to individuals and families on :-
- What is cholera, modes of transmission, signs of cholera
- Prevention: hand washing with water and soap before eating, before handling food, after visiting the toilet
- Importance of safe household water treatment, through chlorination, boiling and sieving.
- Importance of using clean mugs/cups to draw water from water containers
- Importance of safe disposal of solid waste including adult and child faeces in latrines, or burying to one meter
- Importance of a clean environment through collection and , removal of garbage around the homes through, burning, burying
- Importance of hand washing with soap at key times and after patient contact
- Inform caregivers that they should disinfect their homes in all areas where there have been vomit and faeces
- Disinfect beddings and clothing of a cholera patient by using soap, bleach and other disinfectants such as “Dettol”
- Use the opportunity to demonstrate and help care givers:-
- Understand how to mix ORS, wash hands with water and soap ,
- Mix chlorine and keep household water safe
- Investigate if anyone is sick and provide information to family members and neighbours on the location of treatment centers/services
- Refer and report sick patients who may be at home
- Remind families NOT to hide a patient with cholera symptoms – take him/her immediately to the treatment centre
- Provide community awareness for Dispose of faeces safely:-
- Use a latrine for human waste disposal
- Encourage your family and neighbors to construct and use a latrine if you don’t have one
- If you have not completed construction of a toilet bury your faeces
- Discourage your family and neighbors from open defecation "
- Record and report your activities using approved format
- Report to supervisor if you face any challenges
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in public health or any other related field
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the field and working with local communities.
- Native Arabic with good professional English, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to reporting with gender disaggregated data.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge of the humanitarian situation
- Strong knowledge of the assigned districts and rural communities
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Able to work independently with instructions
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context is Preferred.
Interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to email@example.com
not later than 12th January 2019 , putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.