Ended Deputy Program Manager
Location of position: AL MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen and it has recently opened a base in Al Mokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the district of Al Mokha, in Taiz governorate, with activities taking place across the districts of the West Coast.
The position will be based in AL MOKHA.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct management of Wash Program Manager (WASH PM), the Deputy Program Manager (DPM) will supervise the Watsan Team Leader and Hygiene Promotion Team Leader in order to set up the WASH activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of main tasks:
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, partake in the identification of new areas for intervention
- Partake in the design and gauging of financial, human and logistical programs
- Partake in the preparation and implementation of assessments
- Regularly monitor activity indicators, program results and contextual monitoring
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, adapt the beneficiary selection methodology as necessary, in particular, the beneficiary selection criteria and the registration mechanism
- Supervise and manage the implementation of the WaSH activities (both hard and soft activities)
- Guarantee meeting of deadlines and setting technical specifications
- Regularly visit the activities’ sites
- Support the activity managers and/or the team leaders with the assessment of human needs, logistical and financial resources needed at different stages of the activities
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activities and propose alternate strategies to the program manager
- Assist the program manager to improve any activities in the field
- Ensure that the safety of persons and equipment at intervention/project sites is guaranteed
- Partake in the updating of tools for monitoring financial, logistical and operational activities (Operational Follow-Up, Project Planning Monitoring, Budget Follow-Up, indicators follow-up)
- Partake in the recruitment of national technical staff
- Organise regular meetings with program teams
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the program manager in the case of a problem
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the program manager
- Assist with the implementation of training
- Partake in the assessment of team performance
- Monitor teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, adapt the monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies as necessary;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation surveys conducted by the team.
- Report your activities to the Program Manager;
- Implement the regular reporting for the activities progress using the appropriate formats, reports and databases
- Report any type of problem encountered on the field
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents to be signed jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the projects/activities or the security of the teams to the program manager
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of projects/activities from the team leaders and/or activity officers
- Write regular reports on the progress of the activities for the program manager
- Partake in the drafting of reports and schedules/appendices related to the activities for donors and/or sponsors
- Represent SI in collaboration with the program manager and projects/activities to the relevant bodies: local authorities, sector, partners…
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager at base: Wash Program Manager
Functional Manager: Wash Program Manager
III. Profile required
- University degree in hydraulic Engineering or a similar domain
- Good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- Excellent technical skills regarding water network system rehabilitation and construction
- At least 2 year experience in a similar position, for private or INGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- Experience in Emergency response is an advantage
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or submit hard copy of your application (CV and cover letter to Solidarites International office located in Al-Maghini neighborhood in Al Mokha.
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject/ on the envelop of your CV.
NB: Recruitment upon funding availability’
Final date for applications: 26th January 2019