Ended Livelihood & Food Security Field Monitor
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC Yemen seeks qualified and experienced food distribution Field Monitors to implement an NRC/WFP voucher distribution emergency response. The Voucher Distribution Field Monitors will monitor the voucher distribution at the sites and redeeming the vouchers at the trailers sites, he will work in various locations of the project operational sites.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and submit day to day status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to food security assistant.
- Ensure that FSL projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure relevant induction was done for casuals/ distributors.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Ensure that the security plan and procedure is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Actively participate when invited in monthly planning of FSL activities and participate in weekly review achievements and constraints; and provide feedback accordingly.
- Carry out food security activities in the target districts, including cash & voucher distribution, provision of livelihood inputs and technical training sessions.
- Hold project participatory orientation sessions for beneficiaries.
- Assist in the beneficiaries’ selection and verification process as per the targeting approach and criteria. Make sure that beneficiary selection is done appropriately.
- Organize distributions (cash, vouchers or in-kind); make sure all distributions are done timely and effective manner, ensure the safety and protection of staff and beneficiaries.
- In charge of the day to day guidance of the food security casuals and distributors, making sure that the project implementation is in line with NRC technical guideline and donor regulations and are done on time with quality.
- Support in the production of training and/or communication tools related to food security activities supported by the NRC.
- Actively participate in community need assessments and identify beneficiaries in need of food security and livelihood support.
- Assist in Liaison with NRC partners (especially local authorities) and other stakeholders (community leaders, CBOs, NGOs, UN) on FS related issues.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
- 2 years Diploma or University degree preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, nutrition, social sciences, development studies or another relevant discipline.
- Proven experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to work in the field.
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- Academy college / University
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of work experience in the field of food aid management, nutrition, community work or other related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills.
- Knowledge of the context in target location.
- Proven experience and knowledge in food security.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Good knowledge of English and computer skills.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: