Ended Reporting Officer Nutrition
Position: Reporting officer nutrition
Reports to: Nutrition Activity Coordinator, Project Manager
Supervision of: None
Work Location: Al-Turbah
Project location: Al-Shamaytain and Al-Ma’afer districts
Duration: 1 year
Program Title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
The Reporting Officer will be responsible for reporting and M&E activities
- Collate and managed medical databases professionally: data collection, insertion, data processing analysis and report writing.
- Support the Nutrition Activity Coordinator/Project Manager with timely weekly, monthly, mid-yearly and yearly reports and trend analysis: data, statistics, graphics and table should be produced, as required by INTERSOS management; support INTERSOS in the preparation of reports and matrixes.
- Support the Nutrition Activity Coordinator/Project Manager with the compilation of the Quick Impact Project monitoring reports and processing these for the donor.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism and security of data and data sources, particularly in sensitive environments; ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and a flexible attitude.
- Work in collaboration with the fixed health team members to achieve INTERSOS and MoPHP goals.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Create, test, and utilize data collection instruments as needed.
- Perform data collection and analysis according to the project and work plan.
- Maintain secure database with all project monitoring data particularly HIS.
- Provide data to staff to assist in decision-making and advocacy efforts.
- Facilitate ongoing programmatic adaptation, learning, and synthesis of best practices.
- Provide substantive guidance on quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct training and coaching for project staff to build technical M&E skills, as well as an appreciation for and ongoing use of M&E data for effective implementation.
Overall these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or other related health fields
- At least 2+ years in designing or implementing M&E processes, or a combination of training and experience in health programs in emergency/relief context.
- Previous experience in working with NGOs in Yemen and health sector and more so in emergency response programming.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
- Strong Microsoft package skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Power-point)
- Deadline for submission of application: 16th of Janaury 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!