Ended Social Worker (CP,GBV,PwSN) (5)
National Staff Position
Position: Social Worker (CP,GBV,PwSN) – (5 positions North and 5 positions South)
Job site: North: Ibb - Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani, Taiz – Al-Taizziyah and Dimnat Khadeer;
South: Al-Turbah - Al-Shamaytain and Al-Ma’afer
Report to: Activities Coordinator, Reporting Officer, SSW
Receives reports from: Volunteers
Duration: 1 year
Program Title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
The Social Worker is responsible for the efficient and correct implementation of case management activities for Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN), Child Protection (CP) cases and most vulnerable women (WAR). They should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. They are responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified internally or self-referral or referral by other actors, and assess their needs.
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases.
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, psychological support or other services provided by INTERSOS when needed.
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.
- Ensure to keep complete and well organized records.
- Support the Activity Coordinator in links with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referrals
- Facilitate trainings, conduct focus group discussion’s, courses and awareness sessions on protection issues; work with community members including children, families and local representatives to active involvement in Protection programmes and increase knowledge about key Protection issues.
- Provide daily updates to the Senior Social Worker about new cases assessed
- File and report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Assist the Senior Social Worker in providing reports to the Activity Coordinator of case management activities on a weekly basis
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences
- Participates in daily staff meetings
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings led by Senior social worker.
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 1 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for WAR, CP and PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectorial counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 16 Jan 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!