Ended Reporting Officer – Protection
National Staff Position
Reporting Officer – Protection (1 position North)
Activity Coordinator, Project Manager, Protection Coordinator
North: Ibb - Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani, Taiz – Al-Taizziyah and Dimnat Khadeer;
Full time Staff
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assisting the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
The Reporting Officer is responsible for the drafting regular and ad hoc reports, including accurate data analysis and identification of trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and check weekly reports from Activity Coordinators; ask clarification, further information from the field teams, if needed, and ensure consistency of the data;
- Prepare/update monthly overview of cases (gender, age, typology, referral, follow-up and cash assistance info to be included) using GBV IMS/ CP IMS system and internal database for PwSN and ensure a regular analysis of this data;
- Produce Monthly reports to be shared with the donor, after revision and approval of the Activity Coordinator and Project Manager;
- Ensure Activity Info (Protection Cluster indicator monitoring platform) is updated on a monthly basis and within the deadline.
- Ensure all reporting templates for field activities are up-do-date and periodically revised;
- Fill ad hoc and online reporting tools upon request of: donor, clusters, working groups;
- Fill online surveys, upon request of the Activity Coordinator and Project Manager;
- Provide periodical in-depth data analysis, and bring to the attention of the AC and PM any particular trend or protection risk identified;
- Hold a BA in social sciences or related fields;
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in similar positions;
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic protection principles and confidentiality;
- Familiarity with smart data collection and KoBo/ODK tools;
- Excellent writing and computer skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate with other team members;
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines;
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 16th of Janaury 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!