Ended Activities Coordinator WASH
Position: Activities Coordinator WASH - Ibb
Job site: Al-Turbah, Al-Shamaytain and Al-Ma’afer districts
Report to: Project Manager, WASH Supervisor
Supervises: 1 engineer, 1 water quality officer, 6 hygiene promoters
Duration: 1 year
Program Title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Ibb and Taiz Governorates
The proposed project aims at an integrated multi-sector response within Ibb and Taiz governorates, further building on the achievement of the previous OFDA funded action: ‘Emergency protection and WASH assistance for conflict affected populations in Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani districts, Ibb governorate’. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to South Taiz, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities.
INTERSOS will also respond to the needs of population through WASH programming providing targeted communities with both soft and hard services including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
With the support and supervision of the Project Manager and WASH Supervisor, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for the correct and efficient implementation of the projects activities in the assigned area and for the overall supervision of the projects’ teams.
Provide ongoing oversight, leadership, and guidance to the staff teams to ensure that the projects meet high quality and best practice standards and prioritize the safety and security of beneficiaries and staff.
MAIN TASKS & DUTIES:
- Ensure a permanent monitoring of projects’ teams’ activities.
- Support the staff teams through the development of a technically sound (monthly & weekly) work plan consistent with the goals and objectives of the project.
- Organize weekly/monthly meetings to plan activities with the projects’ teams.
- Ensure the referral mechanism system is known by the teams, properly applied and monitored.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of the work plan, in coordination with field teams.
- Ensure smooth communication and coordination between the projects’ teams.
- Strengthen coordination among the projects’ teams, ensuring that there is a comprehensive link and mainstream between the different project components.
- Participate in the recruitment of projects staff and provide objective feedback with regards to staff performance (evaluate performance and delivery against job descriptions), expectations and areas for growth and professional development.
- Ensure the team in the respective area are working effectively together, mitigate in case of tensions and conflict and report immediately on HR related issues
- Maintain good working relations with key actors amongst the IDPs, host community and local authorities.
- In coordination with the teams, ensure that a weekly expenditure planning is prepared and timely delivered to the Project Manager including expected costs for:
- Office running costs for team
- Cost to deliver/implement activities
- Ensure that all other relevant administrative & financial documentation is completed accurately as required.
- Ensure qualitative & timely weekly reports to the Project Manager(s) on the basis of inputs provided by the different team leaders and staff
- Provide qualitative & timely monthly reports to the Project Manager(s) giving a comprehensive overview of the achievements and targets reached per activity (activity implementation progress) conducted, indicating the challenges and mitigating measures proposed or to be implemented, indicating issues related to HR, and refer to next month’s planning, etc.
- Participate in monthly coordination meetings for INTERSOS team working in Al-Turbah
- Be available for eventual trainings provided by INTERSOS and provide technical support to the team through punctual training and coaching identifying lessons learned and best gateways to reach the projects’ objectives.
- Meet with other INTERSOS projects staff as required: conduct punctual meetings for sharing ideas, priorities with projects’ teams’ members.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partners by liaising and collaborating with other INGOs and LNGOs when required.
- Perform other related duties upon request to support the project team and the project implementation process
Overall these tasks require from the Field Activities Coordinator:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity
- Excellent coordination skills
- Example role toward the other staff & very good working relation with all the INTERSOS staff, at all echelons
- Clear & timely communications to line management and to the broader INTERSOS team
- Very good knowledge of INTERSOS programme (what do we do, why and how), internal rules and guidelines and INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics (this information to be used in representation, advocacy, liaison tasks and responsibilities
- University Degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 3 years of practical, hands-on experience in shelter and water and sanitation systems
- Minimum 1 year experience in emergency response or humanitarian relief context, working in WASH and shelter sector with INTERNATIONAL NGO
- Familiarity with community-based sanitation programs, and with a diversity of latrine designs for rural communities;
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) and native Arabic speaker.
- Demonstrate good understanding and ability to apply SPHERE standards in humanitarian WASH response programme
- Deadline for submission of application:16th of January 2019
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!