Ended Procurement Assistant
Length of Contract: 3 Months (Short Term)
Procurement Assistant – Amran (Short Term)
Under the direct supervision of line management of Logistics Officer (L.O) the role will play a pivotal role to assist L.O in harmonising logistical processes including procurement, warehouse and inventory, GIK and asset Management. Work with LO, Finance, and Programme teams to ensure systems and procedures are adhered to, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
Key areas of accountability:
- Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programmes regarding procurement.
- Proceed the daily procurement requests from different departments on timely manner to meet the standard delivery lead time.
- Coordinate with procurement requesters, warehouse responsible, and suppliers on the reception of goods.
- Establish a good relation with suppliers, and build up a detailed suppliers’ database with their related documentations.
- Share and discuss any challenges with line manager on time to avoid any delay in providing the service for requesters.
- Assist in updating the Asset Register for Sana’a sub-office office.
- Establish a robust filing system for all procurement monthly reports, Framework contracts, and procurement files.
- Assist LO to analyse procurement Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place.
- Track procurements including cargo movements and monitoring of supply “pipeline” to ensure more timely deliveries.
- Prepare the procurement weekly and monthly reports, and making sure to update the Procurement tracker on a daily basis to be up to date all the times.
- Do any other tasks related to the job title whenever asked by line manager.
- 1-3 experience in Logistics with NGO.
- Experience in supply chain management, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse, stock management and basic comprehension of cold chain.
- Experience of vehicle and fleet management (mechanical knowledge a plus)
- Experience in distributions of NFIs and/or emergency food distributions
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Written and spoken Arabic and with a good working proficiency of English
- Key flexibility for a roving role in a demanding, complex and insecure environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles. To recognise the need to be independent, neutral and impartial when at all possible.
- Relevant qualifications or training courses.
If you are interested, please send your applications to Amran.email@example.com
Please Mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.