Ended WASH Information System Assistant
WASH Information System Assistant – IBB
The WASH Information System Assistant is expected to give clerical support to WASH sector to handle WASH database. S/he is responsible for collecting, compiling, data entry of field based WASH data into the WASH database, while maintaining the data with backup and share as per required by the WASH department and/or by SCI office in IBB.
As part of Save the Children’s dual mandate, the WIS Assistant will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Develop WASH database within a framework of WASH M&E plan.
- Review data to identify incomplete and/or inconsistent information.
- In consultation with Hygiene Promotion Officer, prioritize documents to be entered.
- Work from the source documents and enter information into spreadsheet or any agreed computer programs.
- Maintain database while keeping regular back-ups.
- Cross-reference data from multi source documents.
- Organize and file the hardcopy once the data has been transferred into the soft format.
- Enter, analyze and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarizes data in preparation of standardized reports.
- Assist the WASH assessment process in the field; especially, with surveys that require significant data collection.
- Perform program support tasks such as organize forms, photocopies, files, orders and maintains program materials and educational handouts.
- Prepare humanitarian, cholera-response and WASH cluster weekly, monthly and IPTT reports and any other required reports.
- Update IMPACT in regular bases to insure data completion and integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality of program data.
- Assist and support hygiene promotion team in community outreach activities such as distributing program brochures, hygiene kits, and other field activities.
- Assist and support hygiene promotion team in preparing activities, PRs, beneficiaries’ lists, trainings and workshops.
- Assist and support hygiene promotion team in media documentation, photographing, case studies and sharing activities on workplace.
- Follow up community volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
- Any other activities deemed necessary to enhance the delivery of hygiene promotion activities.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes with regard to hygiene promotion within the WASH program
- In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response to WASH needs
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Perform such other responsibilities as agreed with line management
Bachelor degree in information technology (IT) or computer sciences, or equivalent field experience.
Experience AND Skills
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible related experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of database systems.
- Professional use of computer systems and MS office applications.
- Solid experience in data analysis and compiling reports.
- Experience to type quickly and accurately.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- Experience in working with NGOs.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is 16/01/2019.