Ended WASH Engineer Assistant
WASH Engineer Assistant – IBB
The WASH Engineer Assistant is responsible for assisting the WASH engineer in carrying out initial needs assessment in the field for program design and implementation with a particular focus on sanitation and hygiene promotion. carry out personal interview at household level, facilitation of focus group discussions, visits to sites and infrastructures, and meeting with key members of community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Setting up and follow-up of WASH Engineering activities such as:
- Participation of the water trucking project design
- Intensive monitoring of the water trucking project including distribution the vouchers, following the procedures of the daily distribution
- Technical assessment of WASH hardware interventions specially the piped network system, institutional WATSAN facilities, and other hardware interventions.
- Assist WASH Engineer in preparing drawing/design/BoQ of all WASH hardware interventions.
- Guide and train community volunteers on water treatment methods.
- Assist WASH Engineer in maintaining water quality issues.
- Assist WASH Engineer in Supervision of all WASH hardware interventions.
- Ensure community mobilization on all WASH sector related issues
- Distribution of WASH NFIS to the affected beneficiaries and assist in Water trucking interventions,
- Develop techniques for home water treatment in the target communities
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by Save the Children through quality checklists
- Participate in the implementation of KAP (Knowledge, Attitude and Practice) and initial and final PDM (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kits distributed)
- Conduct water quality analyzes at household level (residual chlorine, bacteriological), in particular to assess the effectiveness of home water treatment, and report results to Hygiene Promotion Officer.
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analyzes performed ...)
- Monitoring of hygiene promotion activities realized by local partners of Save the Children such as the local NGOs, and participate in building their capacity.
- Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager,
- Work with other team members of save the children (WASH and non-WASH) working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sector of the intervention.
- To perform any other work related activities as agreed with your line management.
QUALIFICATIONS Experience AND Skills:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, or Water Engineering with minimum of 1 years of working experience in WASH sector in a humanitarian or development context.
- Previous experience of emergency WASH program implementation
- The emergency WASH includes water trucking for IDPs, rehabilitation of water systems/points, WATSAN facilities at community/institutional level, WASH NFI distribution, Water quality issues etc.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children and their families in the community.
- Strong understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene situation in the community
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Strong English as well as strong Arabic skills, written and spoken
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email). AutoCAD knowledge is an advantage
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is 16/01/2019.