Ended Finance Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast growing organisation and has recently opened new offices. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Finance officer country office with 30% roving responsibilities – 1 position
The Financial Officer is responsible the processing of expenditures, payments and the undertaking of a range of financial and administrative tasks. S/he will ensure proper financial record keeping. The finance officer will operate in a team environment and will be expected to be excellent team player. In addition, the finance officer will provide support to field offices and will be responsible for mentoring the finance departments and field offices in implementation of ZOA financial management. Where needed the finance officer can advise the local partners in financial management.
- Provide financial review within delegated thresholds, ensures (PRs,POs, Contracts, CBAs,..etc.) are processed in accordance with ZOA’s and applicable donor/host country’s' policies, procedures..
- Review and check Payments' supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment
- Ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded in the bankbook / cashbook in a timely manner, andare accompanied by relevant supporting documentation, duly signed and authorized by relevant budget holder
- Ensure financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in an orderly manner, kept securely, and are easily retrievable.
- Ensures that a complete and accurate record of all petty cash transactions is maintained at all times, that petty cash expenditure are fully monitored and reconciled, and that requests for Advances/replenishment are made in a timely manner. Ensure daily cash counts and reconcile books weekly and monthly
- Prepare weekly and monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Supports the FM/HoF on Internal and External project/donor audits.
- Review Partners' financial reports and ensure completeness and adherence to ZOA financial procedures
- Provides timely support to the Program & support teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis.
- Carries out necessary reconciliations of projects PIs and partners sub-awards in preparation for donor report / project closure.
- Supports FM/HoF in the accurate and timely preparation and submission of donor financial reports .
- Supports FM/HoF in establishing system and capacity in ZOA Yemen Country Program as well as partner organizations to be able to submit quality financial and management Reports.
- Travel to program offices on needs basis to cover for absence of field finance staff or to provide support and mentoring
Skills and competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in an accountancy-relevant field.
- Fluency in English and Arabic written and spoken.
- Minimum of 4 year work experience in Finance/Audit preferably with an International NGO.
- Basic knowledge of project management cycle .
- Hight technical and analysing skills for financial information.
- Excellent skills in common Office applications such as excel ,outlook,. Etc..
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a priority
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and working hours
- Judgment and problem solving
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
Location: Sana’a with regular travels to program areas
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 12th of January 2019