Ended Finance Assistant
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast growing organisation and has recently increased the number of humanitarian projects. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates to support us as:
Finance assistant country office – 1 position
The Finance assistant support finance officer in the processing of expenditures, payments and s/he is responsible for the undertaking of a range of financial and administrative tasks. S/he will operate in a team environment and will be expected to be an excellent and accurate team player.
- Processes financial Payments by cheques or cash in accordance with ZOA’s applicable accounting policies, procedures.
- Records financial transactions to bank/cashbook in accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documentation dually signed and authorized by relevant budget holder, and reviewed by a senior finance staff.
- Submits to the FM weekly cashbook and bankbook, in a timely manner and as per agreed deadlines, for review and approval of HoF/PGM/MGA/CD before onward upload into the system.
- Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring that all financial regulations and policies are abided to.
- Responsible for an adequate follow up on work advances and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles.
- Prepares cash count sheet, reconciled with cashbook balance, and duly verified by FM and authorized by HoF/MGA/CD on weekly and monthly basis.
- Prepares bank reconciliations, duly verified by the FM and authorized by one of HoF/PGM/MGA/CDon weekly basis.
- Ensure financial records, both paper and electronic formats, are up to date, filed in an orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
Skills and competencies
- Diploma or bachelor degree in an accountancy-relevant field.
- Fluency in English and Arabic written and spoken.
- 2 year work experience in bookkeeping and administrative functions. Desirable with an International NGO
- Excellent skills in common Office applications especially excel
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow.
Location: Sana’a country office
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 14th of January 2019