Ended Finance Assistant
Finance Assistant – Sana’a
The Country Office Finance Assistant (COFA) is responsible for delegated daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers.
Key areas of accountability:
- Assist COFO in maintaining complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Assist COFO in disbursement of bank payments in line with valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Assist CO Finance team during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Assist & ensure that all bank payments been made only for authorized transactions.
- Assist & ensure that all cash & bank payments vouchers are recorded into books on daily basis.
- Assist & ensure that Areas Office / Field Office / Country Office cash reconciliations are done on regularly basis.
- Assist COFO in monthly reconciliation of staff salary & operational advances.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash balances are topped up per set standard limits.
- Assist COFO in inter-bank transfer to Area Offices & Filed Offices.
- Update CO payment tracker & follow up with Areas Office & Field Offices to Collect bank payment tracker & assist COFO in compilation of weekly consolidated report.
- File all bank payment vouchers and financial documents appropriately and chronologically.
- Assist COFO to ensure that CO / Areas Office / Field office financial data is archived on regularly basis both hard & soft copies.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Finance Director.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, also ensures that any critical issues should be raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Previous financial management experience with good numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Good MS Excel skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Good communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and assist COFO to resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system
- Basic written & oral English proficiency
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
All CVs to be sent through our account email@example.com
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.