Ended Recruitment and Mobility Manager
Position: Recruitment and Mobility Manager
Report to: Head of Human Resources Department, Yemen Country Program
Position supervises: One Recruitment and Mobility Officer in Aden and one Human Resources Officer with recruitment and mobility responsibilities in Sana’a.
No. of positions: One position
Contract duration: One Year
Duty Station: Aden - Yemen with travel to the field sites and to Sana’a.
Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Yemen Country Program
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
Under the supervision of the Head of the HR department and with the support of two HR Officers - one in Aden and one in Sana’a - the Recruitment and Mobility Manager will be responsible for the management of the Recruitment function and Internal Staff Mobility for the Yemen Country Program. He/she will be the focal point for any queries on all recruitment and mobility matters. He/she will also take an active role in supporting the Head of HR with workforce planning.
This position will suit an HR Generalist wanting to specialize in Recruitment and Mobility or an experienced Recruiter looking to head the Recruitment and Mobility function in a dynamic and expending organization.
Responsible to manage all the steps of the recruitment cycle for national staff from the identification of the position requirements to the candidate hiring in line with IRC Recruitment Guidelines and HR Best Practices.
- Support the hiring manager with the identification of the position requirements, elaboration of the job description and job positioning in the salary scale.
- Responsible to advertise and source the candidates via appropriate channels.
- Working alongside the hiring manager, screen candidates according to pre-agreed criteria.
- Carry-out the HR Interview and recommend the way forward for each candidate.
- Advise the hiring manager with the selection of the best candidate.
- Write the recruitment report for the validation of the Country Director
- Prepare employment offer letter and follow-up with unsuccessful candidates.
- Close the recruitment and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff onboarding.
Responsible for managing internal mobility for the Yemen Country Program in compliance with IRC Mobility Guidelines and organizational Best Practices.
- Identify and contact internal candidates for vacant or new positions or be the focal point for internal candidates’ expression of interest.
- Screen and interview candidates according to criteria established by the hiring manager
- Prepare employment offer letter.
- Close the mobility and transfer the file to the HR Officer for contract and staff transfer.
Under the lead of the Head of HR, take an active role in workforce planning for the Yemen Country program and support with:
- Determining workforce demand and supply.
- Identifying resource and competency gaps and with devising a workforce plan to address resource and competency gaps.
- Performing Resource/ Competency Gap Analysis.
- Developing/Modifying Workforce Plan.
- Initiating Activities Required per Workforce Plan.
- Monitoring Procedure.
- Under the lead of the Head of HR, support with the elaboration of the recruitment strategy.
- Under the lead of the Head of Department update the Recruitment and Mobility Guidelines.
- Support the Head of Department with the roll-out of an Applicant Tracking System planned for Q1 2019.
- Organize regular trainings for hiring managers: screening and interview techniques.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Regularly monitor the legal environment to ensure the recruitment and mobility are compliant with national legal requirements and advise when change in policies or practices are required.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
This job description is not exhaustive and additional responsibilities in the remit of the role may be added according to the development of the Recruitment and Mobility function.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2-3 years of experience with recruitment or experience of recruitment within an HR generalist role mandatory. Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is a plus.
- Experience with managing internal mobility a plus.
- Experience working for an INGO.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field sites.
- Strong management, coaching and mentoring skills required.
- Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Solid presentation and communication skills and ability to convey information effectively
- Real interest in capacity building and provide technical support and guidance to hiring managers and colleagues on all recruitment and mobility matters.
- Experience providing trainings and staff development is a plus
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to email@example.com not later than 22 Jan 2019 putting Recruitment and Mobility Manager as the email subject to be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the VA closing date if a suitable candidate is selected. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.