Ended Client Responsiveness & Accountability Officer
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
Location: Al-Dhale’e , Yemen
Contract duration: 1 year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of client feedback channels which are relevant to clients and to the programs team. These may include design and administration of surveys, focus group discussions and reactive feedback mechanisms. The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer will be responsible for aggregating client feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and presenting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond. The Client Responsiveness Officer will also be responsible for recording and monitoring feedback, and for ensuring that the loop is closed and clients are informed of decisions taken.
Feedback Planning and Implementation
- Ensure that the feedback channels for all sectors are in-place and appropriate for the affected population: this may include conducting field visits, surveys and facilitating focus group discussions, running meetings with communities;
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges;
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established mechanisms, and propose recommendations for improvements;
- Facilitate access and provide support and input to specialist external consultancy firms running surveys and dialogues with clients;
- Provide support, advice and training, where applicable, to colleagues on client responsiveness and management of feedback mechanisms.
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response
- Ensure that feedback from all feedback mechanisms (suggestion boxes, hotline, focus group discussions, field visits) are collected and reported.
- Aggregate and disaggregate client feedback (according to gender, age, status, sector, risk-level and other client appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response;
- Analyze key themes, challenges and opportunities for program improvement.
- Keep a record of how client feedback has been responded to through data collection and analysis.
- Ensure that the feedback loop with clients is closed to acknowledge their feedback and inform them about what the IRC has done in response to feedback.
- Report on the number of cases that are closed/responded to, and the timeframe in which they are responded to.
Human Resource Management
- The Client Responsiveness and Accountability officer will supervise the Client Responsiveness and Accountability assistant
- Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit
Coordination and Representation
- Under the direction of the MEAL Coordinator, the Client Responsiveness and Accountability officer will liaise with the all sector program teams for support on areas of Client Responsiveness and establishment of feedback channels
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (e.g. International Relations, Development, Anthropology, Sociology)
- Experience of analyzing and presenting data in a way that facilitates effective decision making
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point
- Driven, self-directed and the ability to manage multiple competing demands and commitments, and to work flexibly in a team
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm, and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic
- Experience of working with refugees and/or IDPs, and an understanding of the communication channels and preferences of displaced people.
- Work experience in the humanitarian sector
- Experience in creating feedback mechanisms. These may include surveys, focus group discussions, hotlines, suggestions boxes, open hours etc.);
- Experience of providing capacity building, training and advice to colleagues on feedback mechanisms
- Experience of drafting reports using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong Excel skills
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The position will be based in Aldhalee with frequent travel to service delivery sites within Al-dhale’e and Lahj Governorates.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 January 2019 putting Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted