Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Contract duration: 1 year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant will be responsible for collecting client feedback from feedback mechanisms and channels which are relevant to clients and to the programs team. The role will also be responsible for recording and responding feedback from any over-arching or cross-cutting feedback mechanisms, such as a hotline and/or email address. The Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant must be very comfortable with communicating in writing and verbally with IRC staff and with clients. The position will serve as a liaison between program staff and clients, and will record all of his/her communications with both. The role must be familiar with all program activities across all sectors. The position may be called upon to assist the MEAL team with surveys, assessments, focus group discussions, and regular monitoring support, as needed. The assistant may also help coordinate and train enumerators.
Feedback Planning and Implementation
- Verify that the feedback channels for all sectors are in-place and appropriate for the affected population: this may include conducting field visits, surveys and facilitating focus group discussions, running meetings with communities;
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges;
- Communicate successes and challenges of each feedback mechanism or channel to the Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer, in writing and verbally.
- Facilitate access and provide support and input to specialist external consultancy firms running surveys and dialogues with clients;
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response
- For cross-cutting channels, such as a hotline or email address: receive, report, and respond to feedback from clients during working hours.
- Classify feedback, inquiries, and complaints according to IRC risk levels.
- Regularly record feedback received and responses given using IRC templates and reporting mechanisms.
- Ensure that clients receive responses to inquiries, requests, and complaints, and keep a record of how and when the IRC responded.
- Report on the number of cases that are closed/responded to, and the timeframe in which they are responded to.
- Report on any challenges encountered with the feedback channels.
Human Resource Management
- The Client Responsiveness and Accountability assistant will not supervise any position.
Coordination and Representation
- Under the direction of the Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer, the Client Responsiveness and Accountability assistant will liaise and coordinate with the all sector program teams for support on areas of Client Responsiveness and establishment of feedback channels
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (e.g. International Relations, Development, Anthropology, Sociology)
- Experience in data collection (qualitative and quantitative)
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point
- Driven, self-directed and the ability to manage multiple competing demands and commitments, and to work flexibly in a team
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm, and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Arabic
- Experience of working with refugees and/or IDPs, and an understanding of the communication channels and preferences of displaced people.
- Work experience in the humanitarian sector
- Strong Excel skills
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The position will be based in Sana’a with frequent travel to service delivery sites. The position will require frequent visits to the field to monitor program feedback mechanisms. The position may be required to travel outside of Sana’a such as Al-Hodeida .
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Sanaa.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 January 2019 putting Client Responsiveness and Accountability Assistant as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted