Ended MEAL Manager
Job Title: MEAL Manager
Location: Sana’a/ Yemen
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Contract duration: 1 year
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of MEAL Manager to be based in Sana'a. The ideal candidate has worked in a monitoring and evaluation capacity for at least three years to support different technical sectors. She or he has experience with compliance, monitoring and evaluation, and tracking systems and processes. The MEAL Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program teams are supported to carry out their planning monitoring and evaluation activities. The role contributes to overall program quality through the conceptualization, coordination, and implementation of enhanced monitoring and evaluation, accountability to the affected population, and learning strategies, including high quality written products; the emphasis is on streamlining processes and tools for efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability throughout the project cycle across the IRC’s various sectors and departments. This position is based in Sana'a, but will require frequent travel to the field. The MEAL Manager will technically supervise the MEAL Officers, and report to the MEAL Coordinator based in Aden.
Accountability and Monitoring Systems
- Manage development and use of project monitoring tools, and provide consultation as needed to project/program staff as they design tools for data collection and data quality improvement.
- Provide technical support to program teams for regular monitoring and data tools, or other support as requested by programs teams.
- Support efforts to streamline data (including qualitative) collection, storage, and management across the country program.
- Support the Client Responsiveness Officer and Assistant to record, report, and respond to feedback from the IRC’s beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the rollout of IRC global strategic initiatives related to measurement and accountability, including adapting in-country tools where needed to align and enable reporting against IRC global standards and requirements. Provide technical support to program teams to achieve the Monitoring for Action monitoring standards at all points in the grant life cycle.
Assessment, Learning, and Documentation
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to IRC Yemen technical sectors on assessments and evaluations, including locating and training enumerators, setting up mobile devices with surveys and assessments.
- Attend and participate in regularly data review meetings with coordinators/managers on project monitoring and learning.
- Manage the documentation (writing, editing) and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
- When appropriate/applicable, facilitate and participate in information sharing opportunities among IRC partners/donors, including requests for documentation and information from third party monitors.
Supervision and managing a team
- Manage and support a team of M&E Officers, which includes setting professional development objectives and communicating MEAL team initiatives and learning opportunities.
- Hold weekly team meetings with the MEAL Officers and Assistants, and represent the MEAL team during weekly coordination meetings in Aden.
- Create a cohesive team environment by fostering open communication and providing constructive feedback and support to all team members.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities for other IRC staff (especially the MEAL Officers) on skills and knowledge related to M&E, accountability and learning, including related IRC global initiatives.
- Conduct visits to field sites to provide training, technical assistance, and support, as well as to ensure that accountability and learning tools and strategies are understood and being implemented effectively.
Candidate selection will be based on the criteria described below:
- University degree in social sciences, systems science, and/or other relevant fields with at least three years of relevant professional work experience.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with mobile data collection, preferred.
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Sana’email@example.com not later than 22 January 2019 putting MEAL Manager as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted