Ended MEAL Team Leader
Title: MEAL Team Leader (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning)
Project: DRC Yemen Programme
Location: Aden with very frequent travel to project locations in Yemen
Level: As per DRC Yemen national staff salary grid
Duration: Until 31 December 2019; Renewal subject to performance and fund availability
Report to: Country MEAL Manager
Start of Contract: As soon as possible
The MEAL Team Leader will be responsible for the overall coordination of MEAL activities and mandates that fall under DRC Yemen’s Aden Office and Southern programmatic activities. This includes designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning plans for all projects within the specified locations as well as other geographic locations whenever requested. All projects fall within the programme sectors of protection, food security/ livelihoods, and WASH. The MEAL Team Leader will have responsibility for designing and implementing MEAL activities under the supervision of MEAL Manager. S/he will also be required to analyze the data gathered and advise the project managers and senior management on issues relating to programme quality. In addition, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that DRC Yemen’s activities in the locations meet the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) obligations at project and programme level, including developing and overseeing the establishment of beneficiary feedback mechanisms. The MEAL Team Leader will be a focal point for both internal and external project evaluation activities in the South.
The position includes frequent travel to areas of implementation, field offices, and other areas as requested and directed.
- Coordinate MEAL activities in the South Governorates as well as other governorates as requested.
- Provide regular updates on program progress against indicators for programmatic components in the South.
- Ensure all delegated IPTTs are updated and shared with the Country MEAL Manager and Area Manager on a timely basis.
- Coordinate monitoring visits, baseline assessments, end line assessments, PDMs, Market Assessments, or any assessments as requested.
- Act as the focal point for the Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism in the South in coordination with the Area Manager and the Country MEAL Manager.
- Provide regular updates on program progress, challenges, feedback, learning and other issues as requested.
- Supervise Data Quality Audits and share findings.
- Provide weekly programmatic or MEAL updates as requested by the Country MEAL Manager
- In coordination with Information Management Team Leader, support in the rollout of the information management system to ensure timely and accurate data is sent to the data focal point.
- Supervise and build the capacity of MEAL team members in the South.
- Design specific MEAL tools for data-collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- Gather, consolidate and analyze data.
- Lead in the hire and rapid recruitment of MEAL staff and casual labor.
- Document lessons learnt and share with the Country MEAL Manager and Area Manager.
- Implement the annual MEAL Assessment set out by the Country MEAL Manager.
- Other duties as requested by the Country MEAL Manager.
- Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
- Knowledge and experience regarding HAP.
- Ability to remotely manage individuals.
- Excellent data analysis and report-writing skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience providing training and support to project staff.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including a supportive working style.
- Understanding of various donor requirements such EC, ECHO, DFID, OFDA e.t.c.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of four years of experience working for INGOs in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Native Arabic with good professional English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
Terms and Conditions
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times.How to Apply (Application Process):
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 21st January ,2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please mention your name on the uploaded CV file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.