Ended Beekeeping Examiners
Beekeeping Examiners (IBB/Al-Dhalee)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: 3 examiners of bee colonies
Location: 2 in Ibb / 1 in Al-Dhalee
Contract Type: Daily worker
II. Background of program:
As part of its ongoing food security and agriculture programming, ACTED will be implementing support to Bee-keeping (training, distributions) in Ibb, Al-Dhale’e and Taiz governorates. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting three qualified Examiners of bee colonies: two of which will be based in Ibb covering the governorates of Ibb and Taiz, while the third one will be based in Al-Dhale’e, covering the governorate of Al-Dhale’e. Under the direction of the Beekeeping Specialist, and the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the 3 examiners will support the implementation of this activity, specifically the distribution of bee colonies.
- Examining the bees provided by the Suppliers according to the standards pre-agreed upon, before their distribution;
- Attending the distributions and ensuring respect of processes;
- Conducting follow -up visits after the distributions;
- Preparing reports: Report after each examination and distribution as well as a comprehensive final report of the results of follow-up visits.
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree in agriculture or related fields.
- Must have at least five years’ experience in training and breeding bees.
- Bees and professional in beekeeping.
- Already worked in this field.
- Sufficient capacity to know bee diseases and the extent to which the queen is in the community.
- Has the Capability to move in the targeted areas.
- Undertaking work pressure under any circumstances.
- Ability to check each bee-colony.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail:
- if applying for Ibb OR if applying for Aldhalee;
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Beekeeping Examiner-Ibb) if applying for Ibb OR (First & Surname+ Beekeeping Examiner- Aldhalee) if applying for Aldhalee;
- The closing date for applications is on Tuesday, 22 January, 2019.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification