Ended Community Center Manager
Location: Sana’a (Bani Al-Harith / Wadi Ahmed)
Period: 10 months, renewable subject to performance and funding.
Duty Station: Protection Community Center in Bani Al-Harith.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day).
Classification: Protection Sector.
Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO) is a Yemeni humanitarian and development non-governmental organization, founded in 2006 by a group of young people with the inspiration to address some of the social and development issues that need to be dealt with in creative and swift interventions in a purely professional manner.
Investing and benefiting from the abilities and potential of young people is not a matter of pride for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Moreover, young people represent the largest proportion of the population in many countries; we are seeking to hone their skills and providing a suitable environment for their access to decision, making positions. Therefore, we have implemented many successful activities and programs that have a real impact on the reality of young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be made without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
The community center manager will be responsible for managing and supervision of the implemented activities in the ground, and the following duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Manage and operation the community center for 40th hours/week.
- Create an implementation plan in accordance with the project work plan.
- Following up the implemented activities at the community center on a daily basis.
- Discussing any obstacles that may arise and working on resolving issues to overcome the designated difficulties.
- Orient the project to the project staff, beneficiaries, stake holders and local authorities.
- Follow up and verify the information and data that submitted to activity info data base before sending them to the line manager.
- Presiding the urgent and periodical meetings with the community center staff and stakeholders as well.
- Following up the financial and operational plans to avoid any deviation in work plan and reporting process.
- Monitor and evaluate the project activities in accordance to the prepared plans.
- Ensuring timely submission of requested reports in Arabic.
- Performing any other duties requested by the project manager.
- Ensure the quality services is provided to the beneficiaries.
- Hire, train, and supervise community center team.
- Arrange meetings for the community center team on a weekly/bi‐weekly basis.
- Bachelor or diploma degree in administration or social science or any other related field.
- Excellent experience in dealing with MS (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Time management skills.
- 2 years of experience in administration and protection.
- Experience in working with IDPs and vulnerable groups.
- Reporting experience.
- Full commitment to protections principle and code of conduct.
- Flexibility in dealing with the communities.
- Fast response to fulfill requested and urgent assignments.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
Applicant should send his/her CV and covering letter in Arabic to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The closing date for application is Saturday 12th of January 2019.