Ended Audit & Partner Officer
Audit & Partner Officer – Sana’a
The Audit & Partner Officer is responsible for coordinate partners management and Awards Specific/annual Audit. This is a key position to ensure cost effectiveness, compliance with SCI policies and procedures as well as donor’s regulations.
Key areas of accountability:
Implementing Partners (IP):
- Assist CFA to review the assessment of IP, review of proposals / agreements / financial reports.
- Ensure there’s IP tracker, review IP advance requests & follow up for the monthly liquidation of advances. Send their tracker to CFA and Finance & Reporting Manager
- Monitoring & technical support visits to IP offices and training of Areas Office Finance Coordinator in financial monitoring of IP.
- Review status of IP with respective Budget Holder on periodic basis.
- Ensure that Financial Management System (FMS) is all the time updated with IP related records.
- Maintain working relationship with SCI-Y partners and support Area Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Assist CFA and Finance & reporting manager in the coordination of all Audit exercises (Yearly Statutory Audit, Donor Project Specific Audit, IP Audits)
- Update Audit tracker, assist in Initiate request for audit services in a timely manager to ensure each & every audit exercise is being done per scheduled time frame.
- Assist in Follow-up with Area Office Coordinator & CO Finance team to ensure that all financial records are archived properly & are easily accessible.
Gift in Kind,
- Finance Focal point for all GIK.
- Coordinate with Logistics team to record GIK into FMS on monthly basis.
- Work with Logistics team to reconciliation GIK value as per FMS with Total Inventory Management (TIM) system.
- Train Area Office Finance Coordinator in GIK financial Management at Area Office level.
- Assist CFC in reconciliation GIK value as per FMS with Total Inventory Management (TIM) system.
- Closely work with CFC to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Country Finance Director.
- Submit all Internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance & Audit.
- Part or full Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA or CPA or ICSA) will be preferred.
- Previous 4-5 years’ financial management experience with good numeracy skills,
- Experience of working in audit Fires , INGOs and a multi-currency environment & Implementation Partners financial management.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Ability to plan and priorities own work to meet deadlines.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to line manager or next level.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system.
- Knowledge of Awards Management System & any professional Inventory Management System
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
All CVs to be sent through our account firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.