Ended Health & Nutrition Assistant
Health & Nutrition Assistant – Sa’ada .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support and supervise the nutrition teams at the OTP/SC and TSFP centre
- Work closely with the team to ensure all children in the nutrition program receive care and treatment in accordance with MoPHH Guidelines, including being weighed, measured, registered and referred correctly and receive food/treatment according to the national protocol
- Facilitate and organize referral of SAM children with medical complications or oedema to/from SC and ensure effective follow up of these children.
- Ensure proper registration and admission/discharge of OTP/SC and TSFP patients including ongoing monitoring on patients
- Coordinate regular community screening of children under five, pregnant and lactating women with the COWs
- Work with the nutrition team and the Community outreach Workers to mobilize the community and undertake outreach activities according to plan developed
- Coordinate all logistics requirements with the logistic team including food dispatch, distribution plan and storage.
- In collaboration with the logistic team ensure the food store is clean, secured and meets the minimum standard of storage condition.
- Train and support the nutrition team in Managing paper work (WFP food tracking documents, ration cards and registration books)
- Support the TSFP team in recording food distribution on ration card and organizing distribution of food in an orderly manner
- Ensure the TSFP team undertakes monthly reporting as per the guideline.
- Support in organizing post distribution meetings.
- Ensure proper communication and coordination between the different stakeholders involved in the targeted supplementary feeding programme.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the nutrition coordinator.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports and statistic reports for submission to the Nutrition Coordinator
- Assist in any other tasks when required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Diploma, nutrition or equivalent; (nursing/medical qualification desirable).
- Experience of emergency nutrition work particularly in CMAM implementing
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Good computer skill including word, excel, and PowerPoint
To support the nutrition team in the management of CMAM program in Sa’ada focusing on outpatient therapeutic program (OTP), Supplementary Feeding Program and the community mobilization component of the overall nutrition program. Support the efficient and effective operation of the OTP/TSFP and the community mobilization program under the guidance of the Nutrition Manager and the nutrition Coordinator and in line with professional principles of Save the Children. The program assistant will be responsible for supervising OTP, TSFP and the community outreach worker staff at the SCI nutrition program
In addition, support the program in term of regulating the consumption of all nutrition supplies including therapeutic foods, drugs and medical and non medical equipments.
Contract length: 12 Months, renewable based of funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Saada.Jobs@savethechildren.org Please mention the job title and location in the subject box
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is 14th.Jan.2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.