Ended Reproductive Health and Community Mobilization Officer
Reproductive health and Community mobilization officer – Sa’ada .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Design and participate in required assessments for reproductive health ( FP ), and community volunteers.
- Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing reproductive health program strategies
- Contribute to proposal development in area of health in general and reproductive health specifically.
- Manage the implementation of high quality FP program activities in line with grant agreements and with SC technical requirements
- Monitor progress of FP activities against planned achievements, outcomes and impact; evaluate the continued relevance and appropriateness of the intervention
- Manage FP budget lines for program activities and ensure appropriate spend.
- Ensure that the FP progress reports and relevant donor reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions
- Plan and implement FP activities ensuring that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified
- Identify and ensure the timely supply of technical inputs as required for program delivery for the services provider and the community health volunteers.
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are properly resourced.
- Provide technical and managerial guidance and support for all field sites , RH officer,as well as the community volunteers.
- Identify issues that need timely action and support from other departments or other offices within SC.
- Provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidelines and materials for SC and partner staff
- Oversee partner activities ensuring regular monitoring visits and timely feedback and follow up on financial and narrative reports.
- Participate in recruit and train team members.
- Lead, manage and motivate staff under direct line management, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
Coordination and Representation:
- Attend inter-departmental meetings.
- Ensure effective program integration in the areas of intervention
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective partnerships with NGOs/CSOs and government counterparts
- MWs or BA degree on reproductive health / or medical science, puplic health back ground and 2+ years management experience of running complex multi grant programmes, both in emergency and normal circumstances
- A very good understanding of at least of key technical areas of reproductive health programming.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to maternal health.
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic .
Commitment to Save the Children values
The RH program officer , is responsible for the manage in family planning of Save the Children's operation at the targeted health facilities and responsible for the Community volunteers in (Sa’ada). With support from reproductive health coordinator and the RH specilites , RH officer will take responsibility for directly implementing high quality reproductive health programs on time and on budget.
Contract length: 22 Months, renewable based of funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Saada.Jobs@savethechildren.org Please mention the job title and location in the subject box
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is 14th.Jan.2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.