Ended H&NIS Assistant
Health & Nutrition Information System Assistant (H&NIS Assistant) – Sa’ada .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist the HIS officer in training the new staff in health and nutrition information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level understand the reporting system.
- Assist the HIS Officer to enter weekly and monthly reports into health and nutrition data base after he/she receives it from health and nutrition Officer. And ensures that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Assist the HIS officer to analyse health and nutrition information data per each program and illustrates the achievement for each month and quarter and presents it in monthly program meeting
- Feed back the nutrition officers about the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and returned back.
- Assist the HIS officer to report regularly health and nutrition data for program coordinator and program manager.
- Assist the HIS Officer to analyze the data and make report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement.
- Working effectively as a team member with the field team to improve the quality of the health and nutrition data.
- File all checked and received hard copies of reporting format in to archive .
- Save the data entries regularly as well as the statistical results.
- Keep files by month/year stored into the computer with clear segregation (draft version, final versions)
- Take up any job related assignment as required by supervisor.
- To conduct monthly meeting with community health volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Statistics/nursing or public health.
- Diploma in computer or equavlent certificate .
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in information system management particularly health and nutrition more than 1 years
- Experience in Nutrition information system management
- Knowledge of spread sheets (Excel)
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Assist the HIS officer to ensure that all health and nutrition information is organised and kept in proper way, help in keeping all health and nutrition data on the HMIS database with full coordination with Program coordinators and Managers. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract length: 15 Months, renewable based of funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Saada.Jobs@savethechildren.org Please mention the job title and location in the subject box
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is 16th.Jan.2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.