Ended HR Coordinator
HR Coordinator – Hajjah
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring strict adherence to all HR policy and procedures such as recruitment, orientation and training of staff. The HR coordinator will contribute to the development of the team and will participate in reviewing the human resource policy and procedures.
The HR Coordinator will line manage the HR staff in the office supervise and provide technical support to the HR staff in the office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Recruitment and Selection: Responsible for advising recruiting managers on writing job descriptions, Vacancy Authorization Forms and interview questions. Responsible for advertising o recruitments, taking part in interviews and carrying out pre-employment checks.
- Orientation and exits: Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation, including receiving an explanation of and committing to Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Performance Management: Advise managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation for the Office.
- Staff Development: Collate Office Development needs, identify resources, in coordination with managers and Head office HR, and arrange development activities
- Compensation and Benefits: Communicate Payroll Actions to Head Office HR accurately and on time. Ensure that HR related policies and procedures are shared across the Office and are understood and complied with.
- Personnel administration: Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date - personnel files, management of leave, management of contracts, administration of health insurance scheme, providing reports to Country Office. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in regard to all sensitive personnel data.
- University degree in HR, Business administration, economics or other discipline relevant to management and administrations
- At least four years’ experience in senior position of HR and Administration with (United Nations) UN or (International non-governmental organizations) INGOs
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Resilient, enjoys working under professional and workload pressure. Remains patient and effective
- Works well on own initiative while maintaining strong rapport with colleagues
- Establishes and maintains credibility with wide range of staff from junior colleagues to senior management
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ability to provide supervision and support at a distance.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hajja.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 23/1/2019.