Ended Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer.
Department: Operation Department.
Reports To: Finance Coordinator.
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Officer will support all accounting processes related to the project and will review input expenses into QuickBooks on a weekly basis. He/she will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed. In particular he/she will: -
- Ensure controls, corrects and files vouchers.
- Manage daily accounting and book keeping transaction according to GC rules and regulations.
- Keeping & Review Files documents & maintaining archive according to GC filing system and backup data.
- Develops and controls the sub-ledgers for cash & bank.
- Prepares documents for audits.
- Assures registration of all new entries to the lease/equipment’s/agreements.
- Ensure all financial disbursements to staff/suppliers/vendors/implementing partner(s) and expenses made thereon properly recorded in Cash Book, Bank Book and subsidiaries.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with GC policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters as well as respect to contractual & legal requirements.
- Reviewing the data to Quick book Accounting Package and ensuring such expenses charge to respective cost centers.
- Preparing Bank & Cash reconciliation statement on monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparing the bank transfers/checks to Global Communities stakeholders.
- Responsible for reviewing all reports related to the transfers/ checks to Global Communities stakeholders.
- Strictly meet monthly reporting deadline.
- Ensure compliance with donor’s policies and procedures.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Perform any other task assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Financial, Accounting or equivalent in professional qualification with minimum 1-2 years relevant experience with NGOs/INGOs.
- Familiarity with and Understanding of USAID and other International donors’ policy and procedure is preferred.
- Familiarity of Using accounting software (QuickBooks are Preferred).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Very good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Very good in written and verbal English and Arabic.
- From February 2019 until March 31, 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 16 January, 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.