Ended MEL Manager
Job Title: MEL Manager
Department: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Reports To: MEL Director
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The MEL Manager is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. The Manager must be able to effectively manage a skilled team as well as technically capable of driving the MEAL requirements of a large and diverse program in the recovery sector. Under the overall supervision of the MEL Director, the post-holder will directly supervise Learning and Reporting Specialist and two MEL Assistants. The Manager is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
- Ensures the implementation of the Performance Indicators Tracking Tables (PITT) for tracking and reporting on performance indicators.
- Maintains a calendar for preparation and submission of performance monitoring reports.
- Ensures the program activities and sites receive documented monitoring visits from the MEL team as per field monitoring schedule.
- Ensures the progress towards the implementation of the workplans is monitored and reported as per implementation monitoring schedule.
- Oversees data collection processes and data quality.
- Ensure best practices, challenges and lessons learned are documented.
- Ensures the learning forums are established and learning sessions are supported by the MEL team with the required data and information.
- Assists the MEL Director in close collaboration with technical staff to develop the learning agenda and identify the learning themes.
- Coordinates with other Global Communities programs in establishment of accountability mechanisms to seek individual feedback from stakeholders.
- Promotes use of stakeholder feedback in program discussions and encourage the regular uptake of feedback across three objectives of the YCST.
Deliverables and Reporting
- Coordinates and manages MEL tasks and deliverables for the YCST in the North and other areas as assigned.
- Coordinates and supports technical team establish community dashboards in all targeted communities.
- Ensures that all required reports and documentation for the program’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID requirements.
Leadership and Management
- Assist the MEL Director in identifying the staffing needs for the YCST program.
- Lead on recruitment and hiring of MEL staff in the North and in other areas as requested.
- Develop performance objectives for the supervised staff and technically support and supervise them on achieving these objectives.
- Conduct training needs analysis of supervised staff and identify their development needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration or a relevant field, with minimum 7 years of experience in program monitoring, evaluation, and learning as well as establishing accountability mechanisms.
- Demonstrated understanding with knowledge management programs, facilitating collaboration and communities of practice, and knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach preferred.
- Skills in qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, data collection and analysis, and establishing M&E systems. Demonstrated ability to lead baseline data collection and analyses.
- Knowledge of and experience with M&E frameworks, and reporting systems. Experience with USAID programming highly preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in the English language along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with effective interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with partners, third-party monitors and senior-level staff.
- Knowledge of using excel for data analysis as well as other data analysis software is desirable.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2018 until 15 May 2021.
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position id filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.