An independent, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization that works across Yemen is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of "Accountant".
Number of posts: 1
Based in: Sana’a
Deadline: January 20th , 2019
Summary of the role:
We are looking for a well experienced and passionate individual to join our organization and adds positively to our record keeping process and bring more constancy to our day to day financial procedures. The Accountant will work closely with other Financial unit members to handle day-to-day bookkeeping.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Handle accounting entries in the accounting software on a regular basis.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures and plans.
- Review the needed supporting documents for the current validity of the transaction and for future reference, including audits.
- Checks regularly the accounting entries and account balances.
- Maintain the folders for projects assigned to him/her, with all the appropriate documents in accordance with standard procedures.
- Keep electronic and paper copies of important supporting documents.
- Assists in budgets formulation and budget monitoring and perform expenditures tracking for projects.
- Generate regular required financial reports according to donor requirements and
- Assists in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations.
- Communicate and coordinate with the field staff in relation to the financial matters.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed his/her Supervisor.
Experience and mandatory criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including extensive skills in MS Office (practically excel), accounting software and databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting Standards.
- Good English language written and verbal capapilities.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure and in meeting deadlines.
Candidates need to submit their CVs and a Cover Letter to: email@example.com