Ended Guest House Cook
Job Title: Guest House Cook
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Administrative Officer
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cook is in charge of doing food shopping and preparing Break Fast /lunch and dinner for the Guest House staff. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Able to use cooking equipment and can prepare different types of foods.
- Cleans food preparation areas.
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the staff.
- Prepares meals on time.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on staff preference.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 7-9 Grade or High school will be preferred with 6 months of experience in a related position to become
- Familiar with the accepted practices involved in providing cleaning services.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic English and fluency in Arabic.
From January 2019 until 31 March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with Global Communities.
- Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after 16 January 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.