Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Hodeidah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is a fast growing organisation and has recently opened new offices. ZOA currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Officer – 1 position
ZOA’s goal in Yemen is to reduce morbidity and mortality to vulnerable displaced and host populations through the provision of emergency water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, food security as well as healthcare and nutrition services. and impact The holder of this position will provide technical support and guidance to all field teams implementing Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) related to WASH, food security, health and nutrition to improve the effectiveness of the BCC work.
II. Tasks, responsibilities, results
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the ZOA Area Managers to roll out BCC activities; establish together with relevant GHO a strategy to roll out Mother to Mother Support Groups (MtMSG) through Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) in ZOA targeted programmes areas
- In collaboration with technical coordinators and officers ensure messages are chosen in line with the health, IYCF (Infant and Young Feeding Practices), WASH and food security log frames and national and international guidelines on appropriate messaging
- In collaboration with Area Managers, Coordinators and Officer, find creative ways to communicate and promote behaviour change through the CGs, adapting it to the context and culture.
- Support field teams with applying Barrier Analysis (or other formative research) in communities to better understand key barriers to positive behaviour change and develop targeted strategies for promoting improved social and behavioural care practices.
- Review existing IEC materials, and support Area Managers, Coordinators and Officers in preparing new material as needed
- Support the field officers, and in developing monthly and quarterly work plans , including messages to be prioritized and demonstrations to take place
- Identify areas where theBCC programme may not have the desired impact, and propose solutions on how our activities or approach can be adjusted to make the programme more effective
- During disease outbreaks ensure that messages are adjusted and streamlined accordingly
- Reach out to technical staff and study technical aspects of the behaviours to be taught to the communities.
- Train and inform ZOA staff and volunteers about best practice methods of approaching and implementing BCC.
Supervision and Management
- Provide technical support and including weekly/frequent reviews with Health, Nutrition, WASH and FSL project staff
- Ensure Quality Improvement Verification Checklist is taking place monthly by all promoters.
- Monitor progress towards behaviour change indicators
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure accurate monthly data collection is taking place, including surveillance data
- Support project officers and AMs to write and communicate monthly achievements and challenges in monthly sit reps
- Work with project and M&E staff to ensure all relevant data is gathered and entered in the appropriate computer files and sent monthly to PMs and BCC Focal Point and advisors for review
- Participate in survey planning, implementation, and analysis of data (qualitative information)
- Assist in carrying out assessments/surveys baseline household surveys when needed.
- Ensure that gender and protection are mainstreamed in the programme
- Provide input into planning for future projects,proposals and report writing
- Follow ZOA procedures regarding purchases and expenses
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with team members and other ZOA staff to uphold a spirit of unity and mutual respect
Skills and competencies
- Diploma in Public Health, Health Education, Environmental Health, or Environmental Management.
- Fluency in English and Arabic written and spoken.
- Preferably 2 years experience in BCC or promotion work in WASH, health, hygiene, and/or nutrition (participatory methodologies, training and teaching, behaviour change theory). Ideally experience with INGO.
- Excellent skills in common Office applications such as excel ,outlook,. Etc..
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
Location: Al-Mahwit with regular travels to program areas
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2019 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
PLEASE mention the JOB TITLE + LOCATION in the Subject Field of your email and Please mention your name in the uploading CV
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 17th of January 2019