Agricultural & Livelihood Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Agricultural & Livelihood Officer
Number of Positions: 1 position.
Assignment: Leading direct implementation of field level agro-related livelihoods activities and supporting the Deputy Program Manager in management of general livelihoods interventions at field level.
Objective 1: Provide support to the FSL Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Responsible for successful planning, coordination and implementation of FSL activities including market assessments, Agro-related interventions and beneficiaries’ identification among others.
- Implementation of project activities that include seed and tools distribution, Agro-related training, and Agro-related interventions among others.
- Responsible for making follow-up of the FSL activities to ensure that FSL program objectives and outputs are achieved.
- To ensure that the FSL activities in the assigned area of operation are implemented in accordance with ACF & FSAC standard rules, regulations and operational procedures, agreed strategies, implementation plans and requirements.
Objective 2: Support Field level FSL coordination
- Coordinate closely with the FSL DPM to ensure that FSL related activities in the assigned areas of operation are implemented harmoniously and with quality.
- Work with the other program team members on cross-learning and beneficiary capacity building initiatives especially in relation to FSL.
- Participate in FSL related data collection together with the MEAL team.
- Work in close collaboration with Nutrition, WASH, and Health teams on ensuring field level integration and synergy.
- Build capacity of other staff members in relation to Ago-related FSL components.
Objective 3: Spearhead community facilitation activities
- Contribute to the development of viable community mobilisation strategies for targeting, registration, and follow-up of FSL beneficiaries.
- Plan and execute FSL related capacity building for targeted communities.
- Ensure that targeting of FSL beneficiaries is done in a transparent and gender sensitive and conflict sensitive way, and is in line with the FSAC recommendation.
- Conduct follow up monitoring of FSL activities in the area of operation.
Objective 4: Contribute to Reporting.
- Support the FSL DPM in compilation of timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
Objective 5: Support field level FSL related project management
- Support the FSL DPM in generation of procurement requests and budget forecasts.
- Support in archiving/filing of all FSL documents related to the area of operation
Objective 5: Additional Responsibilities:
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee is expected to perform other related tasks as required and assigned.
- The FSL Officer is expected to be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
- The FSL Officer is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Yemen mission staff regulations and charter including promotion of gender equality.
Educational / Professional Background:
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Agricultural related studies with at least 2 years’ experience implementing Agro-livelihoods in similar context.
- Diploma in Agricultural related studies with at least 5 years’ of active experience implementing Agro-livelihoods in similar context
- English language an asset
- Capacity to communicate with different stakeholders
- Good computer skills Good team spirit
- Knowledge of local languages and culture
- Ability to use Excel and other Office programmes
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English ( PDF , Word format ) , Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to email@example.com latest by 23rd January 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.