Data Entry Assistant
Action Contre la Faim (ACF), is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. ACF currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Data Entry Assistant
Duration: 8 months
Overall responsible for nutrition and health service delivery through the mobile teams/HFs including team management and reporting.
Objective 1 : Data entry and checking:
- Develop and maintain a schedule of data entry for monthly/weekly reports of the health facilities and mobile teams in close collaboration with DPM and supervisor.
- Follow up with the DPMs/PM regarding the submission of reports by field teams
- Assist IMO/DPM/PM in developing CMAM data bases, reporting data bases and/or excel data base for additional reporting as/if required
- Enter the reporting data, BNFs rational cards and supervision visits checklists into specific and validated reporting database, CMAM database
- Check the quality of the data to be entered and inform your immediate supervisor of any problems; report any problems that can affect data quality (accuracy, completeness, relevance, punctuality (timeliness) and clarity)
- Calculate the time needed for data entry to share reports on time as per agreed deadlines and keep your immediate supervisor informed of its progress.
- Check any inconsistencies in the entered data and communicate with DPMs/PM in case of any inconsistent figures/data coming in the report
- Visit the health facilities to illustrate the progress and train staff in data management.
- Summarize the entered data in the form of a reporting template defined by the PMs.
Objective 2 : Analyse the data:
- Assist IMO in elaborating statistics tables, graphs and trends in admissions/discharges and flag DPM/PM for technical reasoning;
- Sort and cross check the data;
- Assist IMO in writing a summary report highlighting high/low trends, lower/higher performances reported, inconsistencies identified in the report and results;
- Detect missing or redundant data and propose improvements
Objective 3 : File the data :
- File all checked and received hard copies of reporting format, official letters, supervision visits reports and checklists in to archive.
- Save the data entries regularly as well as the statistical results.
- Scan all official letters and management documents and archive them in proper way.
- Keep files by month/year stored into the computer with clear segregation (draft version, final versions)
- Regularly store/archive the final versions of reports validated by PM into the online server.
Objective 4: Translate any documents related to the districts, which she/he will be responsible for, if required such as official letters, MOUs, supervision visits reports.
Objective 5: Engage on other activities as required, assigned by the Supervisor
- Ability to understand and to interpret the nature of human behavior
Professional computer experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of spread sheets (Excel)
- Capacity to take on board new software
- working under pressure
- Organizing and prioritizing capacity
- Rigour and autonomy
- Knowledge of English and local languages
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org , latest by 20 of January 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.