Ended Community Mobilizer
Job Title: Community Mobilizer
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Deputy Program Manager.
Location: Ibb - Yemen
ABOUT GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for providing the leadership for implementation of Yemen Emergency Food Assistance (YEFA) program activities to be implemented in Ibb Governorate, Yemen. Working under the leadership guidance of the Food Voucher Coordinator, the Community Mobilizer has to ensure initial liaison with selected communities, participate in baseline and implement the vouchers distributions, food assistance program and impact assessment surveys activities on the field level and respond to donor special requests as needed. The duties are specified in particular as follows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Planning & Implementation
- To participate in the identification, registration and selection of program beneficiaries according to defined selection criteria.
- To participate in sensitizing key stakeholders, community leaders, communities and participating households on the program objectives, timelines, entitlements and on general program activities,
- Work with Community Volunteer Committees (CVCs) and collaborate with them in beneficiary identification and selection,
- Take part during the distribution of Food vouchers.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the Yemen Emergency Food Assistance program through food vouchers.
- Organize and conduct information/sensitization sessions on hygiene promotion and cholera prevention within the implementation areas.
- Close coordination with other partners working in the area and relevant clusters.
- Participate in verification processes that precedes vendor reimbursements/payments.
- Provide advice and support to program beneficiaries whether through the hotline or on spot and ensure the follow-up of all cases referred to department through the beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Collect relevant data during project implementation and provide regular reports to the Food Voucher Coordinator.
- Monitor voucher redemption processes by beneficiaries at the local vendor locations and trouble-shoot any arising issues.
- Participate in vendor spot checks to ensure compliance to project protocols by the vendors along with Compliance Officer.
- Assist in the collection of data, during assessments and post distribution surveys as and when required.
- Assist in the verification exercise when needed.
Coordination & Representation:
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian actors.
- Attend field level meetings when required and providing detailed reports to the Food Voucher Coordinator if necessary.
Other Related Duties
- Communicate with the community and other stakeholders the objectives of the Monthly Food Voucher Program
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable implementation of the YEFA Program.
- Raise Purchase requests as and when required.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks
- Network with other programs, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and key agencies in the program area to prevent duplication and to enhance program quality, innovation and sustainability.
- Provide support or participate in the monitoring activities schedule by the M&E team.
- Any other duties as designated by Supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Sociology, Social Work and/or related field is required and one year of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity will be preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
From February 2019 until February 29, 2020.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with Global Communities.
- Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 16 January 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.