Ended Food Security & Livelihood Assistant
The purpose of the FSL assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the FSL projects in Aden and Lahj governorates .
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Be responsible for the supervision and execution of Food Security field monitors and casual workers in Aden and Lahj governorates.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at field level.
- Assist the FSL PO in the planning, coordination and execution of the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) activity such as Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) (e.g. food voucher transfer, unconditional/conditional cash transfer, Cash For Work, etc.); agriculture/urban farming (e.g. seeds and tools distribution, training on farming techniques); livestock/fishery (e.g. animal health care, restocking/de-stocking, poultry, fishing gear distribution, etc.); non-farm based livelihood (e.g. vocational skills trainings, small scale business, etc.).
- Participate in community need assessments and identify/select beneficiaries in need of food security and livelihood activities.
- Participate in field data collection for baseline survey and evaluation, surveys and assessments.
- Mobilize communities in activity designing, implementation and monitoring following a participatory approach.
- Implement directly project input distributions (e.g. food voucher, cash distribution, agricultural seeds and tools and other livelihood assets distribution) and technical training sessions related to alternative livelihoods supported (e.g. urban farming, small scale business, livestock farming, fishery, etc.) or supervise local partners in carrying out the implementation.
- Ensure timely preparation of the activity including community information, input distribution and training plan, preparation of training content and material related to alternative livelihood support, briefing/training of local partners (if any) and carrying out logistical and administrative arrangements.
- Support the production of training and/or communication tools related to alternative livelihood activities supported by the project and develops new training contents and materials/tools.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings and provide accurate and updated information about the activities.
- Liaise with NRC partners (especially local authorities) and other stakeholders (returnees, host community, local leaders, CBOs, NGOs, UN) on FS related issues at district level.
- Carry out any other relevant task to the position as requested by the line manager.
- Experience from working on FSL project implementation in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- knowledge on the context of the targeted governorate , preferred to be originally and living in Lahj governorate.
- At least one year of experience in implementation of FSL activities using different types of modalities such as cash , voucher and in kind.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative).
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational and logistical skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in challenging conditions.
- Good computer and English skills.
- Six Months ( with possible extension but subject to availability of funds).
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: Approx. 75 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: