MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: MEAL Officer
Location: Shabwah – (with frequent field visits)
Reports to: Project Coordinator / MEAL Coordinator
Note: This position is opened for Yemeni National only
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of project activities. The MEAL Officer will maintain all data, conduct MEAL activities and relevant assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities. He/she will facilitate the beneficiary’s complaint and feedback, and ensuring awareness of the beneficiaries of all complaint and feedback mechanism.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data use.
- Create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of project activities.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, and data flow chart).
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or information resources.
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Take the lead in conducting all MEAL activities and assessment (baseline, endline, PDM and DDM), coordinate with CO MEAL to ensure submisting the data row analysis and drafting the activity narrative reports.
- Collect and gather complaints and feedback directly from the field whether in person or other CFM pathways.
- Ensure high quality M&E reports are submitted on time.
- Establish log frames, work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information and data management or other related filed.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in managing data and/or M&E in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen; ability to live in remote and isolated environments.
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data.
- Strong understanding of humanitarian programming and reporting.
- Confident in interactions with other members of the team – eg.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Takes a proactive approach to problem solving and work prioritization.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل