Supply Chain Officer( WB) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools. The Supply chain officer has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to Save the Children programs in the field office, Assist the Supply chain coordinator/manager to ensure efficiency, accountability and transparency of Logistics operations, by developing, plans and managing policies and strategies related to fleet, assets and procuring supplies and services (in accordance of SCI policies and procedures).
In addition to supporting the coordination of the logistics issues /challenges in the process of the supply chain. Supply chain officer will assist in strategizing logistics systems in the field office with the support of the supply chain coordinator/manager.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator/Manager (World Bank)
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: Warehouse & Distribution Assistant (short term)
Indirect : N/A
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Role Dimensions: Supply Chain
- Ensure that Logistics staff/ assets assistant maintains a proper documentation of assets.
- Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programmes to the Supply Chain coordinator/manager.
- Update the field Asset Register; ensuring that all programme assets are logged, issued with unique Save the Children asset numbers and ID cards, and are tracked / cross checked with the CO master assets throughout the country including co-ordination with other logistics colleagues on any asset relocations if required.
- With the close coordination with field logistics team and SC coordinator/manager prepare report for Asset Disposal in accordance with Save the Children and donor guidelines.
- Assist SC to analyse logistics Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place
- Reporting and captures accurate data
- Assist in verification of the monthly vehicles reports and preparation of the logistics monthly report
- Assist and support the fleet assistant on the movements and activities of the Drivers
- Follows-up of accidents/incidents with the police, informing insurance company, prepares and sends all relevant documents
- Follows-up of the Drivers list of duties, shift, logbook, overtime and report to the supply chain coordinator/manager
- Support the fleet assistant for any requirement / support needed in term of payment to the rental vehicle / verification of documents / license of rental vehicles.
- Assist the SC ensure that purchases are made in a timely and transparent manner, that is corresponding to Save the Children procurement policies and procedures
- With the guidance of the Supply Chain Coordinator/Manager, prepare the procurement plans in consultation with the programs and operations teams
- Ensure that suppliers are managed professionally, impartially and with no appearance of impropriety.
- Assists in the procurement of routine and non-routine procurements which includes but not limited to-:
- i. Obtaining quotations in accordance to SCI procurement policy.
- ii. Compiling the comparative bid analysis.
- iii. With guidance from Supply Chain Coordinator/Manager, prepare the local purchase orders/service contracts and ensures the documents are approved as per scheme of delegation.
- Develop sound partnerships with suppliers, contractors and relevant government agencies.
- Update the procurement tracker on a continuous basis and send a report in weekly basis.
- Compiles documentation required for payments and sends to finance for processing in a timely manner.
- Supervise packing, dispatching, transporting and delivering activities within the governorate, ensure all trackers and log-sheets are correctly filled and duly signed.
- Staff will act as security focal point in case of need.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
University level professional qualification/degree in Engineering, staticstics, business administration or relative fields
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous engagement/working with World Bank or any IGA is desirable
- 2 years’ experience in managing logistics / Procurement in an international organisation or corporate enterprise
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience of managing and coordinating logistics over a number of different geographic locations
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and solve problems independently.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 17, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل