Liaison Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project # / Name: Samaritan’s Purse Republic of Yemen
Position Title: Liaison Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Reports To: Operations Manager
Contract Duration: up to 31 Decembe,21 with possibility of renewal
The Liaison Officer is responsible for supporting Samaritan’s Purse programs and operations by obtaining visas, residencies, and travel permits in addition to interfacing with key stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of activities.
- Nurture professional relationships with a high degree of integrity in a manger that reflects the principles of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on activities of the Field Office.
- Ensure that Samaritan’s Purse programs and operations are conducted lawfully in the Republic of Yemen.
- Arrange meetings for the Country Director and accompany as requested.
- Facilitate Sub-Agreement paperwork with MoPIC and respective line ministries for successful implementation, in coordination with the Program Development Officer.
- Negotiate the mandates of Samaritan’s Purse, in coordination with the respective department lead and Country Director.
- Draft and translate external communication to key stakeholders and maintain the administrative tracking database.
- Facilitate paperwork related to visas, residencies, travel permits, customs clearances, and any other needs of the Field Office.
- Maintain the visa tracking database for the Field Office.
- Prepare for the renewal process of Samaritan’s Purse Principal Agreement in coordination with the Country Director.
- Facilitate airport arrival and departure for Samaritan’s Purse staff and visitors.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform their responsibilities.
1. Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
2. Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
3. Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
4. Ability to acquire, build, and maintain positive working relationships.
5. Levelheaded and calm demeanor; able to firmly, yet professionally, direct people when the need arises.
6. He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
7. Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal in Arabic and English.
8. Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
9. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
10. High level of humility, integrity, and stewardship, being committed to SP values and ethics.
11. Willing to travel as required by Field Office.
Education / Experience Needed
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations in a similar role for a minimum of two years is required.
- Degrees in English, Administration, Political Science, and Law are desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English are required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل