Ended Governorate Coordinator
Job Title: Governorate Coordinator for Lahj Governorate
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Working Office Location: Both Lahj and Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Governorate Coordinators are responsible for the daily coordination of YCST activities in their assigned governorate(s). They ensure that the program is standardized yet flexible throughout the target areas, coordinates activities with the local partner organizations, and local authorities and communities. In particular, he/she will support in the following:
- Coordinate the overall delivery of assistance and minimum services package interventions in the targeted governorate.
- In cooperation with program team, coordinate with local authorities and stakeholders at the governorate and district level in ensuring timely of assistance to required locations in line with actual needs.
- Contribute to in addressing problems in the field, and maintain regular communication and information sharing with program team.
- Collect and analyze data for the Situation Analysis in target governorate.
- Follow up of referral cases from the targeted communities and ensure they got the responses on time.
- Works directly with local councils, communities and vulnerable groups to implement the related program interventions.
- Undertake ongoing visits to sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs.
- Communicate with local counterpart authorities on program feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the delivery of program assistance.
- Undertake follow-up action on program implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares a relevant report. Suggest changes in program work plans as required.
- Attend coordination meetings in target governorates, prepare notes and undertake follow-up action and coordination related to program implementation and monitoring.
- In cooperation with the M&E team, ensure appropriate accountability mechanism is understood and accessible to targeted communities and responding to any feedback as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the MEAL team and technical staff.
- In coordination with security staff and advisors, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, partners and other stakeholders and travel to the field when the security situation allows.
- Liaise closely with local authorities and partner agencies at the governorate and district level to ensure program compliance with applicable policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values, and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in (Management, Community Development, Business Administration) and/or related field and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working on supervisory roles preferably with INGOs.
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with communities and formal and informal leaders of the communities in Lahj.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From Jan 2019 until May 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.